Wedding

I helped my niece with her dress as I ran around the platform she was standing on and quickly adjusted it and saw her twirl around and let out a giggle. I saw the smile on her face with her hair tied up in a beautifully, intricate bun. 

"You look absolutely stunning, hon." I gave my niece a small smile as she twirled once more and had the biggest smile on her face. 

"I feel like a princess. It's a lot better than playing dress up." She said in a joking tone. I knew what she was referring to. When my sister and her husband had went on one of their business trips they left their daughter in my care. I had tons of dresses from dances from school a while ago and let her try them on. I smiled at the memory when she tried to put on a pair of heels of mine and I had to stop her before she hurt herself. 

"Well by the end of the night, you'll be a beautiful queen, with her king." I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and placed the pearl tiara in her hair. 

"Are my parents here?" The question I had been dreading to answer. 

"Hon, I-" 

"They aren't." She confirmed and stared at the floor sadly. I felt a pang to the heart. 

"Hey, I know it isn't much, but I'm still here. I know I can't be your mother, but I can still be your rich, hot aunt everyone loves." I heard a soft snicker come from her. 

"Okay." Her soft smile returned and I fluffed out her dress a little. 

"Okay, you little sunshine, go make the groom cry." I kissed her forehead and walked out of the room. I heard her laugh and then I went to go find a certain man who will most certainly be pissed off. 

"How's she doing?" I flinched when I saw the dark haired man, with honey colored eyes creep up behind me. "Did I scare you?" His dimpled smile made me roll my eyes and he wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"She'll be fine. She's got us." I drew soft circles on his hands as he softly swayed me and we watched the guests be seated. I watched as the groom stepped onto the altar his blonde hair had been styled and his green eyes were already slowly watering. 

"You smell good." My husband mumbled as he buried his face into my neck. 

"I always smell good." I said sarcastically, he chuckled and placed a kiss on my cheek before we walked up out seats. 

"Humble, as always."

"I'm always humble." I retorted, with a smile, his eyes met mine and he shook his head with his soft smile. 

"Mhmm." He held my hand as we waited for my niece to walk through the doors. "Why couldn't we adopt her or at least...?" I heard him ask. He was always a father figure to my niece and I shook my head. 

"I wish we could've, but you know my sister and her husband would've never allowed it." I ran my hand through his hair and he leaned his head into my hand. 

"Sucks to be them, then." He grumbled. Than the doors swung open and the prettiest little girl now grown into a woman emerged in all white with pearls and a beautiful smile. 

"She's stunning." I whispered. I looked up at him and saw him smirk. 

"Should I wear pearls too on our next anniversary?" He teased. I looked over at my niece and shook my head she let out a soft laugh and smiled.

"You're ridiculous." I muttered. I leaned my head against his shoulder and watched as my little niece got married. Than the ceremony began. White flowers were everywhere and all I could think about was my little niece and her new husband finally married and dancing in the middle of the floor. 

"You know what it reminds me of..." I heard my husband trail off and I looked up at him. I looked over at my niece and saw her nod. 

"Don't you dare-" I couldn't finish my sentence before I was dragged to the dance floor and swaying next to they newlyweds. 

"You love dancing." My husband said innocently before showing me his dimpled smile and rubbing our noses together. I sighed and leaned into his chest. 

"I love you, you dork." I mumbled. I heard him chuckle causing a slight vibration in his chest. 

"I love you too, darling." He kissed the top of my head and I turned to my niece putting on a playful scowl before rolling my eyes when my husband spun me around. I let out a laugh and saw a satisfied smile on his face. I rolled my eyes as he danced with me and my niece's husband tried to ask me dance but my husband spun me so he couldn't see me. My niece laughed as her husband tried.

"You're gonna make him feel bad, dork." I hit his chest playfully and he chuckled before letting me go and shaking hands with my niece's husband and I went over to her and spun around with her in my arms. 

"You are beautiful." I said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear again. 

"I couldn't have done it without you." She smiled and hugged me close. I held her close to me and kissed her forehead. 

"That's what I'm here for." I mumbled into her hair. I gave her a soft smile as she went to go drag her husband away from mine, they were both hiding out at the food bar with the chocolate fountain and desserts. 

"Love!" I heard my husband call and I turned to him before walking over to him and he held out a chocolate strawberry. 

"What-" I was cut off by the berry being stuffed in my mouth and a soft kiss on my cheek, I turned to see my niece in the same situation. I bit down on the soft berry and smiled and let out a soft laugh with my niece. 

"He's a great guy." I let out a soft sigh and heard her chuckle. "What?" I turned to her and she pointed at the dance floor. The soft music had turned into some DJ jam and both out husbands were having a dance battle. I rolled my eyes at my husband and saw my niece with tears rolling down her face. 

"Are you okay?" I frantically grabbed a tissue and handed it to her. 

"I'm okay, I just...I've never felt so happy before." I saw her husband coming towards us and I saw a very sweaty husband of mine coming towards me. 

"You okay baby?" I heard her husband and left her alone with him as I went to go deal with my own baby of mine. 

"You sweaty mess." I chuckled when he pulled me closer to him by the waist. 

"Kisses?" He asked. 

"Do I look tall to you?" I watched as he bent over a little more and kissed the top of my head first than the tip of my nose before hovering above my lips. 

"Hmm." He hummed and waited, I grumbled as I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer.

"Dork."