Home Makeover

"Blue?" My husband grabbed one of the paint cans I had put in the cart.

"Maybe a mint light green?" I held up two more paint cans.

"My love...we're only painting the living room right now. Not the whole house. Remember one thing at a time." He chuckled as I put the two paint cans in the cart.

"But I just..." I trailed off as I saw another color.

"My love..." I turned to him and tried my best attempt at pleading eyes. He tilted his head and shook his head with a smile on his face.

"Please? It's just another blue one. We have two green ones we need another blue one." I begged.

"Okay love." His green eyes wrinkles slightly as he gave me a smile and a slight nod.

"Okay now can we do one of those geometric walls with wood? Also are we planning for new furniture or did you just sell the couch because you wanted to?" I raised an eyebrow as my husband ran a hand through his hair with a smirk on his face.

"Yes love, I was planning on new furniture and if you really want to do this wall idea we can." He smiled.

"After we finish buying supplies can we go get a drink?" I asked and he raised and eyebrow with a small smile on his face.

"Of course my love." He kissed my forehead. I looked over the types of wood.

"Could we stain the wood?" I asked and when I turned around all I saw was him resting his hands on the handle of the cart smirking at me.

"What?" I twirled around checking my pants for spots or anything.

"Nothing love. It's just....you." He smiled. I felt heat creep up into my cheeks. He helped me load some of the wood on the bottom of the cart and he grabbed some wood stain on our way to the checkout.

We checked out and loaded everything into the truck and he refused to let me open the door for myself. I waited as he strapped everything down and finally entered the truck.

"Okay now a drink for the lovely queen." He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

"I love you." I said softly as I kissed him on the cheek as well.

-------10 Minutes later--------

"Love?" I turned to him paintbrush in hand and a drink in the other.

"Yes?" We had chosen the light mint green paint for the living room.

"I've almost painted this entire wall and you're still working on that one square?" He raised an eyebrow as he tried to stop himself from laughing.

"I'm busy." I twirled the drink I had around in my hand.

"Mmm I bet you are." He came closer to me before picking me up by the waist.

"Eek!" I let out a squeal and lowered my head just enough that I could peck his forehead but avoid his wanting lips.

"Oh my-" He rolled his eyes before he put me back on the ground before grabbing my face with his paint covered hands and kissing me. I couldn't help but smile against his lips and he did the same before going back in for another kiss.

"I love you." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I know. I love you darling." He kissed my nose before pulling me into a tight hug against his chest.