The Book Boyfriend

I was looking over books and running my finger along the spines of each one as I tried to find the one book I had been trying to find for weeks.

I looked down at my phone with a list of books as I scrolled to find the title I was currently searching for when I hit my face on something.

"I'm so sorry." I said to the tall, gorgeous, dark haired, woah. I looked at the man, while still rubbing my nose. "God must've took his time with you." I said under my breath.

"Sorry?" The stranger chuckled, and he had the most beautiful smile known to man.

"Oh I meant...did you hear that?" I lowered my voice, and he just turned to me before holding up the book with the title I had been looking for since I stepped foot into the store.

"I noticed you've been looking for something ever since you walked in here. Is this it?" He asked, he had dimples, and I was so staring.

"I...um...yes." I could feel my face becoming warm the longer he tried to hold eye contact and I kept looking away so I could remember how to breathe.

"Mmm, well maybe if you tell me what you whispered earlier I might...consider..." He gave me a side-eye and I looked at the book and back at him.

"I uhm..." I could probably guess my face was red and I started to twist the ring on my finger.

"I was kidding, love. Here you go." He handed me the book and started to walk away.

"Wait!" I called after him he turned around and raised an eyebrow with a smirk on his face.

"Yes?" He turned around so he could fully face me.

"I didn't get your name." I said.

"It's Kylan." He smiled. I smiled down at the book, it was a hardcover and when I opened the cover a receipt was there. I looked at it and my jaw went slack, the man had already paid for it.

"You already-" I was cut off by a kiss. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Sorry...but you are very adorable." He whispered in my ear and his hands were placed on my hips.

"I'm not complaining." I said, quietly.

"Good." He kissed me again, and I swear everyone in the bookstore was just watching or planning where they'll be taking their next date.