Knight In Shining Armor

"Can I tell you something?" I almost whispered as I traced one of my husband's tattoos.

"Go ahead, little love." I smiled at the nickname and looked up into his deep brown eyes before taking a breath.

"I keep having nightmares about....that night." I felt my hand shake a little and he placed one of his hands over mine.

"Do you want extra kisses and cuddles tonight then?" He shifted his body so he could prop himself up on his elbow and look down at me.

"I want....yeah...I want lots of hugs." I bit my lip before blurting put, "this sounds childish, it's just a nightmare I-" I was cut off by my husband kissing my forehead.

"It's your nightmare, so im going to fight the nightmare. That's my job." He gave me a small smile and I reached up and touched his cheek.

"You're gonna be my knight in shining armor?" I asked. He chuckled before laying down and pulling me back onto his chest.

"I think I'd prefer to be the dragon." He tan a hand through my hair while I giggled a little.

"I love you." I said breathlessly.

"I love you more." He said and kissed my forehead again before I closed my eyes drifting into a sleep with no nightmares just a dream about a knight, a dragon, and an egg?