Just Hold Me

I felt everything in me collapse. Break. Shatter. I slid against my wall and just felt everything come crashing down on my shoulders. The stress, the tears, I was having a breakdown and no one was around. The one man I could rely on and lean on was gone on a business trip.

"I need you." I sobbed. I wiped at the flowing tears and they just wouldn't stop. I didn't even have a reason to cry. I just was.

"Please." My voice was shaky and wrecked and I just curled up in a ball on the floor and let out the most wrenching screams and cries. I cried myself to the point that I was too exhausted to move so I just laid lifeless on the floor. Staring at another blank wall in front of me. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

I woke up in a blanket of warmth and a tight embrace around me. Arms were holding me in a bundle of blankets and my eyes were dry and most likely still puffy and slightly red. I shifted and the arms around me loosened and when I opened my eyes a little more I was face to face with a concerned and worried pair of blue eyes. His blonde hair was a mess and he had dark circles under his eyes.

"Hey baby." He ran a hand through my hair and kissed my forehead.

"Hey." My voice cracked and I reached out one of my hands and ran it through his hair and over his cheek before rubbing it with my thumb.

"My love." He placed his hand over mine before laying back down next to me.

"Sorry I uhm..." my voice trailed off and I could feel more tears brimming at my eyes.

"It's okay baby, you're okay." His voice was soft as he wiped away some stray tears.

"You're okay." He whispered as I fell back asleep in his warm and safe arms.