Shopping

I sighed once again as I watched my husband disappear around the corner. I picked up some apples and waited for his next prank. He did this every time we went shopping he would run off and come back with some random object and do something stupid yet hilarious.

"Sunshine, do you think this cucumber is longer than...?" I turned to see him holding the cucumber up to his face and I smacked his shoulder.

"We are in public." I hissed but smiled a little when I tousled his dark hair. He has the most beautiful pair of brown eyes.

"I was just wondering." He pouted and went to put the cucumber back. It was barely ten minutes when he came back.

"What now?" I let out a sigh and then chuckled a little when he held a baguette.

"Well Bonjour there madam." His attempt at a French accent made me laugh but I covered my mouth with my hand. A bad habit.

"Love, we talked about this." He kissed my cheek, "you have a beautiful laugh and smile mi amor." He kissed my hand and went to put the bread back. I felt my face grow warm. Only he could make me blush like a middle school girl even when I'm married. I rolled my eyes and pushed the shopping cart to the next aisle. Noodles and sauce.

"Hey, darling." I called out. When I didn't hear anything I straightened immediately, I'll admit I can shop on my own but my social anxiety heightens when he's not around. I started to play with my fingers and my heart rate increased.

"Hey, hey, baby you okay?" His soft voice filled my ears and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Yeah I just freaked out a little." I said quietly. It was a little embarrassing to me to admit our loud that I was scared to be in public without him.

"You don't need to be embarrassed. Besides I like it when you're clingy. It's cute." He kissed my ear and then my cheek. I hummed know response and he saw the noodles I was staring at or trying to decide.

"What do you think-"

"Spaghetti." He interrupted me with no hesitation. He snuggled his head into the crook of my neck. "Sorry baby, didn't mean to cut you off." He kissed my temple and rested his head on top of mine as I grabbed the noodles and we moved on to the cereal aisle.

"What type of cereal could we be running low on?" I muttered I recognized the handwriting it was my husbands and shook my head smiling a little.

"We need some of this, a little of that." I heard him say as he picked up some cereal boxes. I turned to find him with several boxes in his arms.

"We're not getting all of that." I rolled my eyes playfully while he pouted.

"Please..." He gave me his best attempt at puppy dog eyes and when I shook my head he grumbled as he put some of the boxes away. He turned back to me and held out the two boxes he had kept and I nodded at him with a smile.

"We can get those two." I said and he smiled and placed the two cereal boxes in the cart.

"Is that all?" He asked and I stopped to check the list and he wrapped his arms back around my waist with his head on top of my head as I read the list.

"Yep." I folded the paper back up and placed it in my purse before pushing the cart again. My husband slightly whined when he let go of me. I stopped slightly and then he placed his hands next to mine and walked behind me as I pushed the cart again.

"Can we get some brownies?" He asked.

"What kind?" We found ourselves in the bakery section and he held up a box of brownies with Oreo frosting.

"These ones!" He had the biggest smile on his face like it was his birthday or something.

"Okay." He placed the box in the cart and returned to his place behind me and we pushed the cart to one of the registers.

"So when can I have the brownies?" He followed behind me as we carried the grocery bags back to the car.

"When we get home." I answered.

"Okay. I guess." He muttered. We finished putting the groceries in the back of the car and he pulled me into him by the waist and kissed my forehead.

"I think I get a little more than that." I let out a light laugh and he kissed me on the lips. It was a slow gentle kiss, all just for me buying him brownies.