Beaches & Starry Nights

His hair blew in the winds his soft brown curls following the motion of the breeze. His soft dark eyes fixed on the waves and the setting sun. He looked so at peace with the beach. I just stood awkwardly next to him feeling out of place among his peaceful personality.

"Are you feeling okay?" I heard him ask. I didn't reply.

"Yeah, I just-" He cut me off by a kiss.

"Love, you look so beautiful." He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. My face felt warm as he brushed his knuckle along my cheek. "And absolutely adorable when you blush."

I fell for his trick and then I was in his arms and my feet splashed into the water. Then my back became soaked as he fell on top of me. 

"Nice to meet you to." He chuckled as I gasped at the sudden coldness of the water. 

"Yeah." I said, breathless. His hair hung in front of his eyes, and suddenly those eyes filled with concern as my teeth chattered. 

"Love, you're cold." He said, and picked me up and sat with me on the sand. Holding me close to his chest. We watched the waves, as he held me against his warm chest.

"We should do this more often." I whispered as I trailed a finger across his chest. 

"We're doing it right now." He whispered back and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I placed my head under his jaw. 

"Mmm, but can we do it more?" I said, softly. He had his arms wrapped around me, and leaned his head on top of mine. 

"Of course, love." He said, he was looking out over the waves at the setting sun. His hair shifted slightly with the wind and his eyes were so focused on the sunset. He looked so beautiful. He turned to look at me, catching me staring in the process. He raised an eyebrow and I just smiled like an idiot. 

"You're just....perfect." I said, softly. His face brightened and he smiled widely. He had the cutest smile. 

"So are you, love." His voice was quiet and he kissed me on the cheek. He twirled a piece of my hair around his finger and rested his head on my shoulder. "You're very perfect." He added. I placed my hand over one of his and he entwined our fingers. 

"I love you." I said still staring at the sunset, and leaning my head against his. 

"I love you more." He said. 

"Not possible." I said, turning to him with a smile. He gave me a playful scowl. 

"I think it's very possible." He leaned back and took his hand back so he could cross his arms and scowl at me. 

"Nope." I said, trying to hold in a laugh. 

"I'm nope-ing your nope." He said, but he broke and started to laugh. I smiled as he fell into my lap and looked up at my face. 

"I still love you more." I teased and ran my fingers through his hair. 

"Nope." He smiled as he ran a finger along my jawline, his eyes sparkling as the sun disappeared below the horizon. "It's just not possible." He whispered. 

"Fine." I sighed. 

"Yes!" He jumped off my lap and jumped up and down. "I win!" I shook my head as he celebrated. 

"Just this one time." I said. He leaned in close to my face and shook his head. 

"Nope, I love you more all the time." He sat down next to me, breathing heavily after his celebration. I watched him as he looked up at the starry sky, his eyes reflecting the tiny twinkling lights. 

"How did I get so lucky?" I muttered. He turned to me and smiled brightly. Completely oblivious to what I just said, he looks so happy when he's outside. 

"I love you more." He said, clearly rubbing it in. 

"I know." I let out a long sigh, and he turned to me and had a smirk on his face. "No." I said. I scrambled to get up and run from him but he was faster and had me in his arms. 

"Too late." He chuckled, as he twirled me around. Laughter was in the air, smiles all around, and here I was with the most beautiful man in the world, stuck in his endless circle of love and comfort. 

Dancing under the starry night sky.