Nightmares

Darkness surrounds me and I can't seem to escape. I can't seem to breathe. I feel hands holding onto me around my waist but I can't seem to escape the feeling of suffocation.

Hands emerge from the darkness around me and everything felt like it was trying to choke me or hold me down. It was like I was underwater and couldn't swim up for air.

It was terrifying.

I kicked and thrashed hoping it would lessen the suffocating feeling. All I felt was tired in the end and I couldn't breathe. That's when I heard a voice calling to me. It was faint but it was there.

"Baby!" I recognized the voice. I tried to answer but the water filled my lungs and everything burned. I couldn't call out I was left here to drown.

"Come on! I'm right here!" The voice seemed to be yelling. I finally felt the hands loosen and myself being shaken.

"Wake up! Please Baby!" My eyes snapped awake and I looked at a tear stained boyfriend.

"What-"

"You scared the crap out of me. You looked blue and wouldn't wake up and...and" his sentence ended with him sniffling and full on sobbing as he rested his head on top of mine.

"Thank you." I sniffled as I snuggled deeper into his chest. "I thought I wouldn't...I couldn't get out. I was scared and then I heard you...and I couldn't-"

"Shhh." He drew soft circles on my back and his voice was thick but he hugged me tighter. "It's okay now, because now I've got you." His voice was soothing and I gripped tightly to his tear soaked shirt.

"I don't think I can go back to sleep." I said quietly and his chest gave a soft vibration as he let out a soft hum.

"Okay, you wanna watch a movie? Or we can just stay like this." He said softly into my hair and rubbed my back while kissing the top of my head from time to time.

"Just stay." Was all I managed before curling tighter into him.

"Okay love." He hummed again while he stroked my hair and rubbed my back. "I'll stay here forever if that's what it takes." He added. I leaned back and looked up at him. His soft blue eyes and blonde hair went well with his slightly freckled face. He leaned down far enough until our noses touched.

"Need something love?" His voice was low but gentle and soft.

"Kisses please." I said softly. He started with the top of my head, than my forehead. He kissed my nose than both my cheeks. He made his way to my jawline and stopped and looked at my lips before grazing past them and kissed my nose again. I hid my face in his chest.

"What's wrong? Did I miss something?" He asked with a slight smirk and nudged my head up and gave me a slow passionate kiss.

"No." I felt my face warm slightly. I felt him slid back under the covers and lay me down on top of his chest.

"You okay baby?" His low voice caused his chest to vibrate slightly and I smiled to myself.

"Yeah." It came out as a sleepy tone and as he played with my hair and drew circles on my back again I gave into the warm dream. Knowing I had him to cuddle with if I had another nightmare.

A safe haven.