Coffee Shop

"Can I get a black coffee?" I looked up to see a handsome blonde haired man in a black suit with green eyes. I must've froze for a second and stared for too long because he made eye contact with me and raised an eyebrow, "Oh, please." He added. I nodded embarrassed.

"That will be three dollars, sir." I said. He nodded slowly and then pulled out a wallet with cash. I looked behind me into the kitchen thinking how good a bakery item would taste when I heard him clear his throat. Snapping me out of a pastry fantasy. "Oh, uh your drink will be out in a moment." I took the cash and he just stared at me in response.

I felt myself start to shake my leg, wanting to escape the awkward staring contest we were having.

"Okay." Was all he said and he went to sit down at a table. I was putting the money in the register when a white paper slipped from between the one dollar bills. It had a number on it, I turned to see the blonde man looking at his phone and when he glanced up we made eye contact yet again.

"Girl! Get your act together! I'm taking over the register you go deliver the man his coffee if you like him that much!" My coworker yelled loud enough for the whole shop to hear and my face felt warm.

"Sorry." I managed. I was handed the coffee she had just made and walked stiffly toward his table. "Black coffee, right?" He looked up at me and smirked. He stood up and took the coffee.

"You know staring is quite rude." He was so close to my face the only thing going through my head was 'damn he's hot.'

"I uh-" I stuttered and decided to just shut my mouth. He let out a light chuckle and took my hand.

"It was nice meeting you..." His eyes traveled down to my name tag, "Claire." He kissed my knuckles and walked away. I was left standing in the same spot for ten minutes trying to process what just happened. I looked down at my watch and sighed. "My shift doesn't end for like twelve more hours." I whined.

"Than get your butt moving!" The same coworker from earlier yelled.

"Do you have supernatural hearing or what?" I muttered
————————————————————————
The day just felt like it kept getting longer and it would never end. On my break my phone buzzed and I picked it up. It was a message from an unknown number

'Hey' I looked at the number and my heart skipped a beat. It was the same one the blonde haired guy had given me earlier.

'Hi' I replied. I could feel my leg shaking and my hands trembling a little. It'd be an understatement if someone called me nervous.

'It's Claire, right?'

'Yep.' I felt a sense of giddiness with every word I typed and every message I read from him.

'Oh right, I'm Xavier. If I forgot to mention it earlier.' I felt my face warm. I don't know why but knowing his name was enough to make my heart beat louder.

'I have to go soon, but can we meet up sometime.' I sent it and waited. It felt like forever and my heart kept beating and then my break was over and I never got a reply.

"Claire! Your break ended ten minutes ago!" My coworker yelled through the closed pantry door.

"Okay! I'm coming!" I almost tripped over a bag of flour as I scrambled to get out of the pantry.

"Jeez! You've been so out of it ever e since you met Mr Model Guy." My coworker glanced at me before returning to the register and I handed out coffee, pastries....

"Hey." I snapped out of my trance. To see Xavier.

"Oh hey, when'd you get here?" I watched as he just stared at me with some concern his face had some worry to it.

"I've been calling to you for a while now. You looked lost." He reached up to my face and I flinched away.

"I'm okay. Just tired. Ready for bed." I gave him a smile but that didn't seem to convince him and he looked down at his watch.

"I can take you home. I have time. What time do you end?" He asked. His green eyes flicking between me and his watch. He ran a hand through his blonde hair.

"Are you stressed?" The question rolled out of my mouth before I could stop it. He froze and stared at me.

"I'm fine. I just-"

"I end at 8:00. You can wait here for about ten ish minutes." I gave him a soft smile and turned to go back into the pantry. I unboxed some supplies and my coworker gave me the go ahead to leave. I changed out of my work uniform from a black skirt and apron and a white button up to sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

I found him sitting at one of the booths staring out at the snow falling. His features were softer in the soft white light that came through the window. His green eyes were soft and looked like a forest with sun coming through the treetops.

"Hey." I think I startled him when he jumped a little.

"You ready?" He turned to me and gave a soft smile. He had the type of face that you would be intimidated by but he looked soft and vulnerable in this soft snowing light.

"Of course!" I said giddily. I felt like I was high. He held out his arm and I gladly took it. I felt like I was a middle schooler in love.

"You seem awfully happy to go home with a blonde guy." He teased. I smiled and he met that smile. He had snow in his hair and his green eyes lit up.

"You're awfully handsome when you smile." I muttered.

"Awfully?" He turned to me and I felt my face warm.

"I didn't think you'd-"

"Hear? Love how can I not pay attention to you?" He smiled at me. I felt my heart to do loops.

"I uh-" I looked down at my shoes as we walked.

"How about we try for dinner tomorrow tonight?" My head snapped up and I looked into his green eyes as his blonde hair fell over his eyes when he looked back down at me.

"Of course!" I said a little too quickly he raised an eyebrow at me and then his face softened into a smile.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow morning and after your shift." Xavier said and ran a hand through his hair. The snow stuck to his suit as we stopped in front of my apartment building.

"See you tomorrow Xav." I waved to him and then turned around to his face also a slight shade of pink. "Can I call you that?" He chucked.

"Of course love." He waited until I went inside and then he nodded as I waved one last time before I went into my building.

My face flushed as I found my apartment and collapsed on my bed happy and full of excitement for tomorrow.