The Queen

It's raining again, it always rains these days. There's no longer a summer, or a fall. It just rains and snows, it's an endless cycle. The clouds are always gray, like the circles under my eyes, and the rain is a downpour like the tears that flow down my face. 

Ever since he was banished, ever since I heard he would never return again, it's always cloudy and gray with constant rain. 

He's an enemy to the nation, but a lover to me. 

He should've stayed in his kingdom that night, he had snuck out and was caught by our guards trying to climb up to my window, even at twenty-two he's still trying to crawl into my chambers. 

He was granted the crown too early.

He was banished too early. 

And I loved him too late. 

Now as I watch the clouds, I've convinced myself that the sky will always remain gray, and the rain will never stop pouring. 

---------------------------------------------------

His Pov

The sun never shines for her anymore. 

She's a sword that's been abandoned on a battle field, a queen that's lost her king. 

I watch her from a hidden place, one where no one has found me yet, but it pains me to see her always staring out over the land with a tear-stained face. 

It pains me to watch, watching as I'll never hold the woman, my queen...

I'll never be able to hold her in my arms again, see her smile, hear her laugh, I'll never hear her argue about the poofy dresses, it's a shame I had to fake my death. 

The news will reach her soon, and she'll have to move on. I can't let her live on in pain. I swear her screams of pain echo across the kingdom. 

"One day, love. One day, I may see you again." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N 

Sorry for all the short short stories.😅I'll try and give you some more happy, long ones later.