𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞

chapter two

chapter two . . .
terrors to come

After Rhaerys' fit she hadn't gotten far before she and Rhaenyra were rushed to her father's council room as his cupbearers.

"Girls, you are late." Their father announced impatiently as they rushed into the room full of council members. "Leaves people wanting for cups."He added whilst leaning toward Rhaerys as she rounded to table.

"We were visiting mother." Rhaerys said before settling a kiss upon her father's cheek.

But as she went to pull away, her father latched onto her palm and began to sniff her as he eyed her in suspicion.

"On dragonback?" He asked whilst looking between his twin daughters, causing them to freeze but loss their stiffness at their father's smile.

As they went around the table filling the cups of the council members, Rhaerys and Rhaenyra both paid close attention to the conversation that went on.

When the conversation went on, the council members began to discuss the babe that the Queen was currently carrying.

Rhaerys knew that having a male heir meant a great deal to her father, but she hated the way everyone spoke of her soon to be born brother as if he was to be a chess piece in a game.

Once the council meeting had been dismissed, Rhaerys quickly left the room as she and Ser Harrold Westerling set off to greet her uncle — Daemon Targaryen.

"He passed through the Red Keep's gates at first light." Ser Harrold informed.

"Does my father know he's here?" Rhaerys asked as they paused in front of the closed doors of the throne room.

"Nope." Ser Harrold answered.

"Good." She replied before entering the throne room gracefully with her her arms crossed behind her.

When they entered the room, her uncle had been seated upon the Iron Throne.

"Gods be good."Ser Harrold spat in shock at the sight.

"It's all right. Ser." Rhaerys assured the knight, dismissing him as her face supported a grin at her uncles's antics.

"What do you think you're doing, Uncle?" Rhaerys asked in High Valyrian as she began to walk toward the throne.