𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧

chapter twenty-six

chapter twenty-six . . .
too soon

After more traveling, the khalasar had finally arrived to Vaes Dothrak, the city of of riders.

Vaes Dothrak is the heart of the Dothraki sea. It has broad, windswept streets paved in grass and mud. There are carved stone pavilions, manses of woven grass, wooden towers, stepped pyramids and log halls.

It lies in the shadow of a single, vast peak known by the Dothraki as the Mother of Mountains. The entrance to Vaes Dothrak is marked by two large statues depicting a pair of stallions.

Vaes Dothrak sprawls languorously in the warm sun. It was large enough to hold every khalasar, were they all to return at once.

Rhaerys learned that Vaes Dothrak is a place of peace where the Dothraki khalasari may gather and meet to trade, but not to fight. Therefore it is forbidden to draw a sword while in the city, under penalty of death.

However, the restriction is specifically on drawing a bladed weapon or shedding blood should the need arise, it is permissible to kill someone in the city using other lethal means, Even so, due to the respect the Dothraki have for the city, violence within it is rare.

The city has a large marketplace, where where foreign merchants from as far afield as the Free Cities and Asshai sell their wares.

Inside a tent, secluded from the others, the sounds of heavy breaths filled the space as Rhaerys sat bare astride her husband, rocking her hips ever so gently.

Jahakko's groans sounded like music to Rhaerys' ears, she loved that she could make him feel this way.

The two then laid together in front of a fire, loving the way their naked skin felt against one another's.

"I will be leaving soon. To hunt." Jahakko said as he trailed his finger tips up and down his wife's bare arm.

"For how long?" Rhaerys asked, not wanting to be left without his presence.

"Not very long, moon of my life." He said as he stood to his feet with her and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Rhaerys nodded.

Jahakko then went to gather his belts when Rhaerys grabbed them from his hands and left him to dress.

Once his lower half was dressed, she tied the belts on  his waist tightly but gently.

Rhaerys ran her palm down his arm and grasped his palm as she led him to sit. She situated herself behind him and gathered his long thick hair into a single braid.