𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen . . .
the white stag

When Rhaerys had awaken, she was immediately smothered with concern from her sister and Ser Criston.

When she assured them plenty of times that she was quite alright they finally ceased with the questioning.

They all gathered their horses, and began to move from the camp they'd resided in.

Rhaerys soon found herself gazing at the most beautiful sight in an open clearing of the woods as she sat upon her horse next to her sister and Ser Criston who had dismounted his own horse.

Rhaerys had been awfully quiet since they left the camp. No one knew the thoughts she thought.

She'd been wondering about the dragon— Vakar, that she'd yet claim.

She was ready for her. She wanted to meet her.

And that's the only thing that she'd focus on until she had her.

With dry blood standing her skin, hair, and clothing, Rhaerys let the wind calm her raging thoughts and feelings.

The sound of hooves thudding against the woods' grounds brought Rhaerys back to the present.

Rhaerys and the others snapped their heads in the direction to see the great white stag. He calmly watched the three as he stood in his place with soft grunts.

Rhaerys watched and admired the beautiful stag as if she was in a trance, but that trance had been broken by the sound of a sword being unsheathed. "No." She whispered to Ser Criston and he obeyed.

After a beat the stag turned on his heels and trotted back into the woods, safe and unharmed.

Rhaerys would simply never allow such a beautiful creature to be slaughtered off.

note: helloooo, it's been a while my loves.

sorry i've been away for some catching up on school work, my thanksgiving break started friday and i've been out of town since then.

i have tomorrow and the weekend to get back on track with my favorite story :)