𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐢

chapter twenty-three

chapter twenty-three . . .
the dothraki

The years had since passed since she arose from the ashes, tales of Rhaerys' death and rebirth had been told throughout the seven kingdoms. Viserys had worried greatly for his daughter, and he marveled at the news that she lived. He was proud

They named her "The One Reborn."

The Targaryen Princess who held not only one, but three dragons.

Vakar, had grown quickly since she'd hatched.

A surprise to Rhaerys and the others. The dragon was now the largest of the three. Her dark scale markings grew deep in color a long with her eyes, instead of the bright red, they were now dark.

Rhaerys had taught her the basic Valyrian commands. Vakar followed directions with ease. The two of them had the strongest of bonds. As if they could read each other with a single glance.

News of Rhaerys reached King's Landing. The people awaited the return for their heir.

However, Rhaerys was not quite done with her travels and she would not be returning home.

She spent quite some time living in the manse of a Magister of Pentos who had been an ally of House Targaryen.

The people of Pentos welcomed Rhaerys. They loved being in the presence of the Targaryen Princess.

The Magister provided her with a personal Septa who jumped at the opportunity to share his knowledge of the world with a Princess. He gave her lessons on different languages that could prove to be useful in the future.

After a few days, Rhaerys became almost fluent in different tongues.

Rhaerys had been outside of the manse, sitting in the gardens as the sun sent warmth to her skin, when the faint sound of yells and a herd of horses reached her ears. She stood to her feet and rushed back towards the manse.

Rhaerys had only been confused but the sight she was met with.

Men. A lot of men sat upon horses. They all had copper skin and tall statures. Some held long hair, some short.

The Magister ran down the front of his steps in a panic towards the group of men, speaking a familiar language that Rhaerys learned the be Dothraki.

These men were no doubt Dothraki.

The Dothraki were a group of nomadic horse-mounted warriors in Essos. Their bond with horses was such that Dothraki are said to be born, fight, and die in the saddle.

From what Rhaerys could gather from the conversation was that the Magister owed something to the Dothraki. The Khal.

Rhaerys came from her place in the shadows and walked towards the Magister.

"Are you well, Ser?" She asked as she laid her palm in the old man's shoulder.

"Yes, Princess." He nodded hurriedly as he swallows harshly.

"And you are?" She asked in Dothraki tongue as she turned towards the man whom she guessed to be the Khal of this khalasar. His braid was the longest. He sat upon his horse with pure confidence as he looked down at her with a small grin on his lips.

Rhaerys' breath caught in her throat as she gazed up at him.

"I am Jahakko." He answered with a gruff voice.

Rhaerys smiled. "Jahak meaning "braid", athjahakar meaning "pride".

The Magister looked to the Princess with an expression of shock at her knowledge, while the Khal and his khalasar looked down at the tiny woman with shock and admiration.

"Is there anything that you need? What has brought you to Pentos?" She asked the man, no longer speaking the Dothraki language.

The Khal paused for a moment as he looked down at the woman. "He..." He trailed off as he pointed towards the Magister. "... Owe my people." He said with broken english as he glared at the Magister.

Rhaerys furrowed her brows as she looked at the Magister.

"I could no longer give food to the Khal and his people. What about my very own?" The Magister spoke in Valyrian.

Before Rhaerys could respond, the Khal jumped from his horse, the thud of his boots hitting the ground being quite loud.

He marched towards Rhaerys, towering over her and grasped her by her waist.

"Give her to me." He said in Dothraki. "She will do just fine."

welcome our newest cast member :)
jason momoa as
𝐣𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐤𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐥

welcome our newest cast member :) jason momoa as 𝐣𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐥

note: HOW WE FEELING IT????? YAY.... NAY????
this chapter is dedicated to River4299 <3 for this inspiration of having our Rhaerys marry a Khal.