𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 . . .
sense of longing

Moments later, The royal family stood side by side as Laena Velaryon's casket was being prepared to be sent to sea.

"We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where he will guard her for all the days to come."

Rhaerys clutched Viserion, who had fallen asleep against her chest as she rocked side to side slowly.

"As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin."

Vaemond Velaryon stared intensely at Rhaenyra and her boys as he said these words.

Rhaerys glared at the man as she stepped closer to her sister's side.

Everyone turned their heads to Daemon who had begun to chuckle.

"My gentle nice. May the winds be as strong as your back, your seas as calm as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your heart." Vaemomd continued. "From the sea we came. To the sea we shall return. The casket which held the body of Laena Velaryon was then plunged into the deep waters of the sea.

Soon after, everyone had dispersed into their own conversation. Rhaerys had been introduced to her sister's children.

As Rhaerys placed down her wine glass, she felt a heated stare. Turning, she found it to be her uncle. He smiled at her, which she softly returned.

After the funeral, Rhaerys walked side by side with Daemon along the sands of the beach. The wind blew calmly and the sounds of the nearby birds filled her ears.

"How have you been?" Daemon decided to ask. The silence had been too tense.

"I've been fine. Alone, but fine." Rhaerys nodded.

"And what of your husband?" Daemon asked.

"My husband was murdered in cold blood." Rhaerys said through clenched teeth as she forced herself not to cry.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Daemon said.

"Are you really?" Rhaerys said as she sharply turned to him. "You tried to use me. You might as well have a abandoned me."