𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

chapter twenty- nine

chapter twenty- nine . . .
the reunion

Rhaerys' eyes wandered the people as some whispered of her return and the baby boy who clung to her.

Rhaerys only had one person in mind at the moment.

Her father.

Once she had made sight of Viserys, she clutched her son tightly and fastened her pace.

"Father!" She shouted as a smile took over her face.

A brightening smile settled onto Viserys' face as he caught sight of his daughter.

Rhaerys slammed into her father's chest, careful of her child, as the two embraced one another.

"My daughter, it is so very good to see you." He said as they pulled away. "And whom might you be?" He said as he cupped Rhaerys' son's face.

"This is Viserion, father. Named after you." Rhaerys said with a soft smile as she placed Viserion into her father's arms.

Tears glistened in Viserys' eyes at her son's given name.

Rhaerys went to speak but stopped abruptly.

"Rhaerys?" A voice gasped.

Rhaerys turned to see her sister, Rhaenyra.

"Sister." Rhaerys sobbed as she went to embrace her sister.

Everyone watched the heartfelt moment of the royal family being reunited after years.

"You are so beautiful." Rhaenyra said as her gaze ran over her sister lovingly.

"As are you, sister." Rhaerys smiled as she pushed a tendril of hair behind her sister's ear.

The Targaryen twin sisters had always had a very strong bond, being away from one another for so long took a toll on them both.

note: longer chapters to come, i just wanted the reunion to be separated from the rest of the funeral

it's good to be back though :)