𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞

chapter nineteen

chapter nineteen . . .
sins of pleasure

"If House Velaryon entered into an alliance with the Free Cities then... we would have to seek our own marriage pact." The hand of the King— Otto Hightower spoke to the gathered audience in the council room.

At this, Rhaerys tensed. She knew what this would mean. They would force Rhaenyra into a marriage for an alliance. Rhaerys reached beside her and grasped Rhaenyra's palm into her own. Hoping to send some comfort.

Rhaerys walked slowly towards her chambers, deep in thought.

Passing Ser Criston who guarded her doors.

"Good night, Ser Criston." Rhaerys said to him.

"Sleep well, Princess." Ser Criston said before turning back into his position.

Rhaerys sighed as she gazed around her chambers.

The room looked terrible. Pages and books were scattered almost everywhere. Rhaerys had been searching for her dragon— Vakar for quite some time. She even tried reading a few books on places that unknown dragons may have resided, hoping to go on tour soon to find the beauty.

She'd had no luck.

Rhaerys began to take off her earrings, setting them down on a near table. Pausing slightly at the sight of a bag hanging onto a chair, a bag that'd never been there before she left her chambers.

Taking the bag, Rhaerys furrowed her brows as she dumped the items onto the table. Clothing.

Clothing's that a young commoner boy would wear.

Bringing the tunic to her nose, Rhaerys grimaced at the smell before throwing it onto her bed. Scanning through the remaining pile, Rhaerys then stopped at a rolled scroll that'd been hidden in the pile.

Rhaerys opened the scroll and read through the handwritten words along with a map of her chambers, an x mark at the back of her chambers. Rhaerys turned to stare at the area before walking towards it, gazing at the scroll.

Setting down the map, Rhaerys pushed a seat out of the way that had been in front of where the x marked before pushing onto the wall, gasping when she stumbled when the wall opened as a door.

Rhaerys peaked her head out into the opening, with a smile on her face at the discovery before rushing back to change into the smelly clothes.