𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

chapter ten

chapter ten . . .
the rogue prince

As the wind flew through her silver locks, Rhaerys' face held a look of determination as she headed to Dragonstone.

Syrax's roars filled the air as they soared closer and closer to their destination.

Rhaerys could feel tension settling in her chest, not from her. And she could not describe the feeling. "Adere." She whispered to the beautiful dragon.

Syrax being the ever loyal being that she is, flapped her wings even harder.

Syrax soon flew into a clearing of fog, soaring over the heads of knights and men in golden covered cloaks, before landing upon stone.

Rhaerys let out a harsh breath as she held Daemon's gaze before stepping down from Syrax's saddle and walking through the clear way that the Kingsguard had made for her as they bowed their heads in respect.

"What are you doing here, Princess?" Otto whispered in shock.

"Preventing bloodshed." She said simply as she removed her gloves from her palms.

"Ser Criston, please escort the Princess to safety." Otto whispered hurriedly before turning to face Prince Daemon once more.

"Take care not to startle Syrax, my lords." Rhaerys said with amusement. "She's rather protective of me." She added before shoving her way towards Daemon.

"My father named me Princess of Dragonstone." She spoke in Valyrian. "That is my castle you're living in, Uncle." She added as she closed the space between them.

"Not until you come of age." He shrugged.

"You have angered your king." She spat.

"I don't see why. This is a celebration, I am to be wed." Daemon said as he furrowed his brows.

"You already have a wife." Rhaerys said as she narrowed her eyes at her uncle.

"Not one of my choosing." Daemon replied.

"And this requires you to steal my brother's egg?"She questioned.

"You and your sister shared your cradle with a dragon when you were born. I want the same for my child." Daemon said as he stepped closer towards his niece.

"You're to have a child?" Rhaerys scoffed as she looked up towards him as he towered over her.

Daemon stared at Rhaerys for a moment before looking looking toward Mysaria. "One day." He said as he looked back at Rhaerys.