𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

chapter thirty- six

chapter thirty- six . . .
the black queen

Rhaerys couldn't bear to part from her daughter, but she had just brought her into the world amidst the chaos of war.

As Rhaerys looked out at the vast expanse of the sea, her reverie was abruptly interrupted by the unmistakable sound of swords being unsheathed.

"I mean no harm, brothers." Erryk Cargyll whilst removing his helmet.

Rhaerys shifted her gaze towards the man, her heart pounding with anticipation. To her surprise, he knelt before her, a satchel in his hands. With a sense of reverence, Erryk revealed a crown from within the satchel - Viserys' crown. Daemon carefully accepted the crown from Erryk's palms, a symbol of the weighty responsibility that now lay upon Rhaerys' shoulders.

"I swear to ward the Queen... with all my strength... and give my blood for hers. I shall take no wife... hold no lands, father no children. I shall guard her secrets... obey her commands... ride at her side, and defend her name and honor."

Daemon's eyes met Rhaerys', filled with respect and loyalty. He gently placed her father's crown upon her head, symbolizing her ascension to the throne. With great reverence, Daemon knelt at her feet and uttered the words, "My Queen." In a show of unity and reverence, everyone present followed suit, acknowledging Rhaerys as their rightful ruler.

"Queen Rhaerys Targaryen, First of Her Name, The Unburnt, The Dragon Mother, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men. Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and the Protector of the Realm." As Daemon's wife gracefully entered the room, he proudly announced her arrival to everyone present.

Rhaerys hesitated in her stride as the Queen's Guard moved to accompany her towards the table. "Please, stay here." She said quietly.

"What is our standing?" She asked Daemon.

"We have thirty knights, a hundred crossbowmen, and three hundred men-at-arms." Daemon answered. "Dragons gone is relatively easy to defend, but as an instrument of conquest, our army leaves a lot to be desired. We have sent word to my loyal men in the City Watch. I'll have some support there but I cannot speak to the numbers."

"We already have declarations for Celtigar and Staunton, Massey, Darklyn, Bar Emmon."

"My lady mother was an Arryn." Rhaerys said as she pointed to a piece on the table. "The Vale will not turn cloak against their own kin."

"Riverrun was always a close friend to your father, Your Grace. With Prince Daemon's acquiescence, I've already sent ravens to Lord Grover."