𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫

chapter thirty- five

chapter thirty- five . . .
the usurper

"Khaleesi, your father, the king has died." Rhaerys fell back into her seat as her eyes ran over the written words on parchment, tears formed in her eyes. She rubbed her belly at a slight pain.

Irri, Rhaerys' hand maid, had volunteered to stay in the Red Keep in King's Landing to act as a spy for her queen. She'd written of the things that happened around the castle in Rhaerys' absence, things that Rhaerys would find important.

"There is more, your brother, Aegon, has been named heir of the Iron Throne. It was not the will of the king. The Greens have spread the lie that your father's dying wish was for Aegon to be king."

Rhaerys sneered at this, The Greens would pay for this.

For twenty years it had been known that Rhaerys, the king's first born child would inherit the Iron Throne.

Rhaerys stood to her feet harshly, throwing the letter from Irri into the fire on her way out of the doors.

She marched down the halls angrily.

Rhaerys stopped at a door before she knocked.

Haffi, Rhaerys's other hand maid, opened her door and jumped startled at the sight of her queen's face. Haffi could see the fire burning in her eyes.

"Send word to Vas Dothrak, we'll be needing an army." Rhaerys said firmly.

"Yes, Khaleesi." Haffi nodded with a slight bow before rushing back into her quarters for parchment paper and ink and began to write a letter, one urging for the assistance of the Dothraki army.

She was the heir.

Her father named her heir.

Not some drunken idiot. He was no man, he was still a boy.

How could he possibly run a kingdom? Rhaerys dedicated her life for the role of Queen.

"Good morrow, princess" Ser Lorent said as he came across Rhaerys in the halls, he faltered slightly at the sight of Rhaerys pacing angrily back and forth.

"Good morrow, Ser Lorent." Rhaerys greeted.

"Princess Rhaenys has just arrived on dragon back. She urgently requests an audience with you, the Princess Rhaenyra, and Prince Daemon."

"The Princess Rhaenys Targaryen." Ser Lorent announced as he ushered Rhaenys into the room where the others stood, waiting for her arrival.

𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 | 𝐝𝐚𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara