𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞

chapter twelve

chapter twelve . . .
up for marriage

They later then arrived to their destination, and were greeted with the sound of cheers for the young prince as he, Alicent and Viserys exited the carriage.

"Hail, hail Aegon, the Conqueror- Babe, Second of His Name!" a man cheered from the crowd. "Here's to His Grace on his second name day!" He added, sending the crowd into more cheered.

Rhaerys stared at her Sister as the two of them remained seated inside the unmoving carriage. Rhaerys could read Rhaenyra like the back of her hand, so she instantly knew that something had been bothering her sister greatly.

Rhaerys and Rhaenyra walked side by side as they observed the cheerfully chattering people.

"This place looks rather ridiculous." Rhaerys muttered as she observed the vibrant colors and the smiling people.

Rhaenyra snorted a laugh at her sister's words.

As they continued walking, they caught their father's eyes, who had been staring at them for quite some time.

Rhaerys rolled her eyes with a sigh and continued walking. They slowed down their walk at the sound of gossip coming from some of the nearby ladies that had been sitting together.

"Perhaps the Princess... might give us some insight." One of the ladies said, causing Rhaerys to pause at all the attention that had been brought upon herself.

Huffing out a laugh Rhaerys then spoke with a smile as she and Rhaenyra stepped into the area where they sat.

"I'm not sure how I could." Rhaerys said nervously. "I've never been to the stepstones." She added with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war." The same lady spoke again. "Is he not?" She added.

"I wouldn't know. I've not spoken to Daemon in years." Rhaerys said simply but nicely.

"Since you supplanted him as heir." The lady spoke once more as she took up her cup for a sip.

"Daemon made his choices, Lady Ceira." Alicent spoke. "The Princess was more suited to the role." She added with a wave of her hand. Rhaerys gave Alicent a mock smile, she didn't need her intervention, it was unnecessary.

"He's made a mess and the King must put an end to it. Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good." Lady Ceira continued as she rubbed the head of her dog.