𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

chapter twenty- seven birth of a prince✧

birth of a prince

Rhaerys' belly had swollen greatly as the months went by.

She was heavily with child.

Rhaerys spent her time helping the khalasar back onto their own feet.

Jahakko's greatest friend had been made Khal, he had been many times hesitant, but Rhaerys had assured him that everything would be well.

Back home, Rhaenyra as well as her father wished for Rhaerys' child to brought into the world without difficulties.

Rhaerys had also gotten word that her father has fallen greatly ill, she promised that she'd return home to King's Landing as soon as she could after the birth.

Rhaerys had been walking the grounds of Vaes Dothrak with her hand maids when she suddenly stopped in place at the sharp pain that went through her swollen belly, followed by a rush of water from between her legs.

"It is time, Khaleesi." One of the hand maidens — Haffi spoke in a rush.

"The Khaleesi has begun her labors." Another one of the three hand maids shouted.

Dothraki near and those in the distance had heard, and Dothraki chants and cheering could be heard as the hand maids rushed Rhaerys into her tent.

Rhaerys felt the familiar sensation of burning fire rush through her body as sweat had began to coat her skin.

Rhaerys had stripped herself of her gown as she was laid onto her back.

"Deep breaths, Khaleesi."

"Breathe, Khaleesi."

"It will be over soon, Khaleesi. You have to push!"

Rhaerys screamed in pain and frustration as it seemed like forever had passed and the baby had not yet been born.

Vakar who had been flying not too far, roared at her mother's pain that she felt.

Rhaerys sighed as she laid herself onto her back as tears streamed down her face.

The hand maids looked to one another with confusion, they had never seen a birth take this long.

"Water for you, Khaleesi." Haffi said as knelt down next to Rhaerys, gently pulling her head up to the cup of water.

Rhaerys couldn't help it when her eyes began to flutter closed.

When she opened her eyes, she was met with shining sun, using her hand to block her eyes as she squinted, Rhaerys saw a lone tent in the near distance and began to walk towards it.

Pushing back the flap of the tent, Rhaerys entered.

Tears filled her eyes instantly as she laid eyes upon her husband, her deceased husband, who held something wrapped in his arms.

"My sun and stars." Rhaerys cried as she rushed towards him, throwing her arms around him tightly.

The two embraced each other, and they only let go at the sound of a wailing cry.

Rhaerys jumped back with a start, looking down at her husband's arms to see a brown haired child, gazing up at her softly.

Rhaerys looked up at her husband with tear filled eyes, silently asking a question to which Jahakko nodded to.

Rhaerys ran her finger tips down the child's face softly, admiring his features. He was beautiful, he looked so much like his father that you could hardly see any of Rhaerys' features. But he had a single streak of silver hair.

The child was still a Targaryen.

"You must return and bring our little stallion into the world, moon of my life." Jahakko said as he ran his finger down Rhaerys' cheek as she gazed down at their son.

"I am so tired, can I not stay here with the both of you?" Rhaerys said as she turned to look her husband in the eye.

Rhaerys had cursed the gods many times.

How dare they give her something so beautiful just to take it away from her in the end?

Jahakko shook his head. "We will meet again and we will ride the wind together, side by side."

Rhaerys awoke from her vision, feeling stronger, strong enough to meet her son.

Looking to her hand maids who looked incredibly worried, Rhaerys gave them a nod.

Haffi took her place behind Rhaerys and nodded to the two who stayed in the front.

It was time.

Groaning, Rhaerys pushed herself up onto her elbows as Haffi ran her fingers gently through through her hair.

"You can do it, Khaleesi, push!"

"Fuck!" Rhaerys screamed.

After a few more pushes, the sound of a sharp cry rang throughout the space.

"It is a beautiful baby boy, Khaleesi."

Rhaerys smiled as she reached for her boy, holding him to her bare chest gently.

He was indeed beautiful.

More beautiful than she could have ever imagined.

"Viserion." Rhaerys sobbed as she looked down to her son.

Viserion was his name. Viserion Targaryen.

The Dragon Prince.

note: sigh, how do we feel about the name? should i change it lol?

i feel as if i'm rushing this.. in a way i kind of am. but still, i want the story to make sense.