𝐱𝐢. 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲

chapter eleven

chapter eleven . . .
in which she is not happy

The Targaryen sisters, Rhaerys and Rhaenyra had been sitting under a tree educating themselves of history as a bard sung to them of the story of Princess Nymeria.

"Under the dragon's eye." The bard sang as he played his lute.

"Again." Rhaerys muttered as she and Rhaenyra's eyes never left the book they had been reading together whilst she rested her head upon her sister's shoulder.

"Perhaps the Princesses might like to hear something else?" The bard questioned hesitantly.

"They would not. Play it again." Rhaenyra muttered, loud enough for him to hear.

The bard listened, and continued on with singing the song again, unaware of the eyes that watched the three of them from afar. "She fled with her ships. And her people. Her heart broken for those.." The bard stopped playing at the sight of his Lady Queen Alicent as she made her presence known.

"Your grace." He greeted with respect.

Rhaerys rolled her eyes at the presence of the heavily pregnant Alicent before slumping down against the many pillows that had been propped up against the tree and turning her back towards the others.

Rhaenyra however, kept her eyes on the book still. "Did I say to stop?" She asked the bard whilst completely ignoring Alicent.

The bard looked in between his Queen and his Princesses, trying to decide if it had been alright with continuing to play.

"From the beginning." Rhaerys sighed aloud. The bard slid down to the ground once more before preparing to sing once again. "She fled with her ships—"

"Rhaenyra?" Alicent called over the voice of the bard.

"Yes, my Queen?" Rhaenyra answered as she flipped to the next page in the book.

"Your presence along with your sister's is wanted in the outer courtyard." Alicent said as she continued to rub her swollen belly. "The royal hunt readies to depart." She added with a smile.

Rhaerys closed her eyes to drown out the rather nagging voice of the Lady Alicent. "We've decided to remain here and read instead, Lady." Rhaerys said with a monotone.

"You may go, Samwell." Alicent snapped to the bard as she ignored Rhaerys' disrespect at her title.

"You are to stay by order of the Princess." Rhaenyra said to the bard.