𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧

chapter twenty-two

chapter twenty-two . . .
a dragon reborn

It'd been a few months since she'd been sent away from her home.

From King's Landing.

Rhaerys had been sent with many instructions from her father. Instructions to gather alliances.

She'd done so.

Rhaerys also spent her time aiding families and their people.

All while she searched for her Vakar.

Along her journey, Rhaerys discovered two dragon eggs that she nurtured until they were ready to hatch. And once they had, Rhaerys marveled at their beauty.

Valarr, male, the smaller dragon of the two, yet he was just as strong as any great one, he was covered in green scales with bronze markings.

Valora, a fierce she-dragon, was a toned white color with gold markings. Rhaerys liked to refer to her as her "white dragon."

She adored them.

She also received many letters from her sister. She was a mother, which made Rhaerys an aunt.

Rhaerys was extremely happy for her sister when she got the news that Rhaenyra had fallen with child once again.

Rhaerys had written to her sister and father of her many journeys and discoveries.

Over the years, Rhaerys and her dreams had formed a sort of bond, a funny way to put it. They came to her willingly.

They no longer took energy from her. She'd welcomed them with opened arms. Her dreams aided her with forming alliances and many other things.

Rhaerys resided for a few years in The Eyrie, in the Vale of Arryn. Her mother's birth place. To feel a sense of closeness to the woman who gave birth to her.

There Rhaerys found a third dragon egg, deep in the tunnels of The Eyrie. And this one would be known to be the she-dragon, Vakar.

Rhaerys cared for this egg, and it had not hatched in months time.

She next traveled to Braavos, one of the Free Cities located in the east of Westeros. Described as a city of seafarers and master swordsmen, Braavos consisted of many small islands connected by stone bridges.

Rhaerys had sword lessons, something she'd grown quite good at in a very short time.

Once she and the others that she traveled with left Braavos, they traveled on their horses for days and decided to set up a camp at night. Rhaerys had fallen asleep as soon as she laid down her head to rest.

"It's time." Rhaerys heard as she slept. The voice slithered into her mind as a whisper.

"How the dragon was reborn will be in the histories. A story that will be told for centuries. How she was reborn with fire is what they'll hear."

Rhaerys furrowed her brows as she arose from her slumber.

The faint sound of crackling could be heard, Rhaerys pushed herself up onto her feet to discover the sound.

One of her travel companions had been in sight. "What is happening?" She asked the man.

"A fire, Princess." The man said as he pointed out towards the not too far distance.

Rhaerys watched as the flames continued to rise.

She became entranced by the flames, and the next few moments became a blur to her.

One, she'd been standing, watching the flames with the others, then she was walking towards the fire, dragon egg in hand, ignoring the calls and shouts of protest from the people she'd traveled with.

Fire, the fire had a hypnotic pull, a dance it danced to lure her in, the dance that catches souls in its flame.

Rhaerys paused slightly as the flame licked her skin, before fully emerging herself in the flames.

The people present ran and cried out as their Princess walked into the flames.

No screams of pain were heard in the distance. Only silence.

They waited, waited to collect the remains of her.

And when morning came, the fire had finally died down.

Rhaerys had awoken, slightly cold from the morning's breeze.

"Princess?" A voice whispered. It sounded faint under the ringing in her ears.

Whispers of shock and unbelief filled the air as the people gazed upon their Princess.

She'd survived the blazing fire.

A man went to place a cloak onto Rhaerys' shoulders to cover her nakedness, he stopped in his steps at the sight of the dragon that climbed onto her shoulders, letting out a hiss at the man. He quickly backed away at the bright red eyes of the dragon.

One by one, every man and woman present fell to their knees before her.

Rhaerys stood to her feet with ease.

Vakar let out a screech. A dragon's song had been heard that morrow.

And Rhaerys gained a new title.

The Unburnt. The Dragon Mother.

note: eh, i lowkey rushed this. i don't think i like it much :(

how are you guys feeling about it? should i rewrite it?

but Vakar is here. as well as two additional babies. Valarr and Valora!