CHAPTER ONE

I woke up feeling pain all over my body, but that was the usual, and I always don't remember why. I once thought of going to a hospital. Maybe there was something wrong with my brain function, but I would have to explain the bruises I had, and that wouldn't go you well.

Police could get involved, and my parents would definitely kill me if I tarnished their names. Funny, my father was a well-respected priest, and my mother was a high school principal

They would beat the living daylight and output me if I so much as I looked at them wrongly.

That has always been my life. They are abusive, but after my older brother talked to them, they stopped hitting me . But he's leaving soon, and I'll be alone again. What if they hit me again. He got offered his dream job in Japan as an IT specialist.

I can't say that I got these bruises from them, but I also can't deny it cause I bit myself ?
All this thinking is giving me a headache.

I finally got out of bed and went to shower . The hot water was burning my raw flesh but it soothed my muscles at the same time so I got it over with and got dressed in simple black sweatpants ,a green t-shirt that matched my eyes and threw on a black hoodie.
Green was my favourite color, but I could never say that out loud . My father was all for masculinity and was always against how small and feminine I am. He would call me a twink or a sissy if I did anything he didn't agree to like have green for a favourite colour instead of black.

He hated how curly my hair was and its chestnut colour, and some pint had forced me to dye it black and cut it short. I hate him so much in such moments.

After a quick skin care and double-checking my bag, I left for my part-time job at a small flower ship in town .

I had to provide for myself most of the time as my parents were against giving me money. They claim a man should earn his keep. So I found this part-time job as I wait for my college to resume studies.

I had rented a small apartment near my school, so I was working to earn my rent for the next two semesters so I could be comfortable and not worry too much about that. I know you must wonder why I was still at my parent's.
Well, they don't know that I rented my own place they expected me to stay in the hostel, but I couldn't handle that.

There were too many people, and the boys were just super homophobic , and I was uncomfortable and felt threatened. That's why I come home during the breaks.

Right now, it's summer break, and I'll resume school in about two months.

When I arrived at the shop after a thirty minute subway ride, I found my co-worker Sheryl getting rid of the dried up and wilted flowers.
"Morning Sheryl." I gave her a quick hug and a peck on her nose. It was so cute .

"Hey, Green." She calls me that because of my eyes and my love for the colour.

"Do we have a lot today?" I asked as I set into starting on the display for the day. Since it was summer we didn't have a large variety but there were really beautiful ones.
"Not really, but there is a delivery to Stadock Enterprise. I'll take it, and there should be a pick up at noon for the yellow roses. That's all."

I catalogued what she had said in my notepad and went about the normal routine of the shop. Afterwards, I helped her arrange the very large bouquet for the delivery and saw her off.

I like it when I'm left alone in the shop. The flowers around me ,the natural light from the large floor to ceiling windows, and the lovely couples that come to buy for their loved ones really make my day.

A mother and her two sons walked into the shop, and they got her some lovely incarnations while she kept insisting that she didn't want flowers. They bought her a bouquet and kissed her cheeks before leading her outside.