CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

ZANE'S POV
Twenty-six hours . That's how long Theo hasn't been in my arms . At this point, I don't know how I'm functioning.
I'm running on no sleep , countless cups of coffee, and scotch.  I can't remember the last time I drank like this,  probably before I met this angel . Now I'm going back to my old ways .

They're trying everything, looking for loopholes in this fucking operation but it's proven to be more than we had bargained for . So Mal thought it wise to wait for that call . We knew it'd come sooner or later which was why we were huddled together in the living room, everything set up for when it comes .

I wanted to be positive, think that they hadn't hurt him but I've lived with such men , I know how it works and I know he's probably in pain at the moment. He's alive that I'm confident of . Killing him without torturing me first would be too easy for them .

The call came around noon , I had finally taken a shower and groomed myself to look a bit presentable .
" Hello there," Mal confirmed that was Maddox's voice through a nod ." I assume this is Zane . Good , now listen up and listen well if you want this pretty thing alive by the time you get here.

You're gonna come here,  all three of you . Unarmed and without guards . I have eyes all over, so don't try and be shady . You're gonna exchange your brothers for him. I'm barely holding his father off from finishing him. "

He let out a dark chuckle, and we heard movement from his end.
" I know you want a confirmation. Give me a minute. " Then the call cut off .
They had been able to capture his exact position on the property.  That would make it easier for us to plan an attack.

A video was sent to me , I paled , heart rate tripling and blood freezing in my body . One of the boys reached over and played it .
Theo was tied down , a gag in his mouth as his father slashed his thighs . He was coated in blood, and it went on until he stopped moving,  probably passed out.
A second video came , he was in a glass cage , completely sealed .
How was he breathing? That was my worry . He was still passed out , sprawled out naked on the floor , but I could see movements in his chest, so he was definitely alive .

This wasn't that bad ,I'd seen much worse in hostage situations . I could get him before they inflicted lasting damage both mentally and physically.
Someone caught my eye , it was his father . He came over with a big bottle of something and went into the cage , pouring it all over Theo and around him .

The armrest of the office chair I was in snapped ,I didn't even realize I was holding it that hard .
The phone rang again
" That was gasoline by the way, now don't come in here firing like some crazy mother fuckers or he's as good as dead. It's on the outside too . Cage is locked so by the time you even open it he'd be a lost cause. "

I took a deep breath, and I wasn't thinking straight . " So here's what's gonna happen. Three brothers , in here within two hours , unarmed, and he'll wall out free as a bird . Clocks ticking ."

Mal reached for my shoulder, " Don't worry , I deal with criminals remember, drug lords far worse than this kid ."
I wanted to believe that so bad, but this was Theo we were talking about. He can't handle such situations. If one of my brothers were the ones being held there, I could be cocky. They have survival instincts. 
I walked to my room and changed , he was everywhere,  his sweet scent, his toys I always told him to pick up after playing, his stuffed animals . I dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, threw on a hood to keep him warm with later . I'd mive hell and heaven to make sure I did .
By the time I was back in the room a plan had been formulated. Of course we wouldn't be going alone, back up would be less than a kilometer away , far enough to be undetected but close enough to help .
We wouldn't carry weapons as instructed, we could always use theirs or our hands when thing got tough.

"Ready ?" Everyone nodded and we headed out.  My brother's and I got into an SUV , it had tracing and everything so the team could see exactly where we were, and we also had them on us .
Long ago, our father had installed them in us since this career line was dangerous. I never got mine out cause my brothers liked knowing I was safe, I could at least give them that.

The drive was silent. Everyone's mind was probably fixated on getting in, picking what was ours, and getting out .
I just hoped it would be smooth as planned .