CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

I pressed my knees together as hard as I could, trying to distract myself from all this .
I had just finished recounting everything  that had happened ,well as much as I could remember, and I felt a headache coming.
They had left for a minute to deliver the recording and prepare the people they had. I'm custody so I could identify them.
To be really honest, I didn't want to see them. I've been living this fantasy in my head where none of that happened, I'm happy with Daddy.  So seeing them is going to solidify that fact.

I startled when the door was opened.
" Sorry, we are ready for you now. " I stood up slowly and held onto my water bottle so tight I feared it would crack or something.
Fortunately, they let Zane go with me this time. Whenever he held my hand, I felt safe, invisible they wouldn't do anything to me . He wrapped his hand around my waist and held me tighter ,my body just melted against his .

We walked into the room, and there was a glass wall before us ,like the one in the interrogation room. They were in a straight line, all looking forward. I froze .
Seeing them again made my blood run cold , I never wanted to remember their faces .
The ring leader ,who opened the door, was staring straight at me . Maybe he didn't know he was, but I could feel it to my bones .

" You're okay, baby." I didn't even realise I was taking slow steps backwards.
"Are they the men?" He turned my head to look at him instead. I gave a small nod. I could already feel the tears forming in my eyes .
" I think we're done here. He has said that those are the men . So you can start doing your actual jobs now and get them behind bars ."

I zoned out ,Zane talked to them some more before leading me outside. He carefully strapped me in, and we started the trip home . I stared out the window the whole time, all I wanted to do was forget about everything.
We took a turn and headed somewhere else ,this wasn't the road home. I looked at him, then back at the road .
He pulled up to a mall.

" Correct me if I'm wrong, but shopping always makes little boys feel good. You can get anything you want, baby."
I smiled a bit. I could get some things to keep me occupied.  He held my hand as we walked into the mall.
" Where to first ?"

I saw this art and craft store right by the entrance. It looked so colourful. I pointed at it
I think we spent over twenty minutes in there and about a thousand dollars. He would get me anything I looked at for more than a second or touched. I got a lot of colouring stuff, books, pens, canvases ,everything, and he even carried them for me .

Next we went to a clothing store .
" This isn't a regular store, my love , you can get cute stuff." I realised that the second we walked in. I could get onesies !
" Are you okay with that ? Getting baby stuff, I wanted to use it to keep your mind off things ." I nodded . I was more than okay with that.
We went about picking up stuff. Baby stuff and also little boy stuff.
Daddy explained that I could be older or younger .

I got a lot of things , and I couldn't even count.  He organised for it to be delivered cause it was just too much.
" Can I get a cotton candy?" I'd seen a kid with it, and it looked so good .

He immediately spotted the machine and took me to it. The man made them into animals if you wanted ,so I asked for a panda . It was really good. I got some cute pictures with it before I ate it.
We walked around the mall, got some new shoes, a lot of pairs, if I might add some stuffies . He bought them from designer brands. I was so shocked that a normal one would be ok. He just insisted that those ones were much better and he won.

" That's enough shopping, Daddy ." I was getting tired, and I felt like we had spent enough money.
" I wanted to take you to one more store before we left. It might be your favourite. "
I followed him into the elevator and onto the fifth floor. This store was very hidden. Immediately, I could see why. It was like a Freaking chocolate factory, every type of candy and chocolate imaginable.

" Yes ,you can pick as many and as much as you want, but you're not allowed to eat them all at once ." I nodded and made a run for it . I was picking up stuff and putting them in the cart he had following me .  Chocolates upon chocolates.I even picked up a mystery set.

Every type of candy, some I knew I wouldn't even eat ,but my daddy didn't care . I decided to make a basket for Charly, too ,with different stuff .
I got a mini chocolate bar to eat on the way home that was allowed .

" Thank you. " I was grinning wide, kicking my legs on the seat. I was having a blast devouring the chocolate, I had it all over my fingers, and I'm sure my mouth, too but at that point it didn't matter .

He finally pulled into the compound and I didn't even notice all the security stationed at the gate or the perimeter.
" Look at me, you have a little something on your chin." I did, without hesitation. It felt like I could trust him with my life .

Using his thumb, he rubbed the side of my lip and sucked on it, "Delicious. "
What happened next left me at a loss of words . He held my chin and brought his face closer to kine.  I just watched .

He was slow about it , as if he was giving me the time to back away if I wanted to . I didn't. He liked my lips and suckled on the bottom one, then held my chin and placed a gentle kiss on my nose, so gentle it feather like a feather.

" Okay?" It was more than okay . But I nodded . He took one look at my hands and without being told I lifted my fingers to his mouth, one by one popping them into his mouth. He suckled on them , cleaning off the chocolate and placing a small kiss at the tip before moving on to the next . I had a smile on my face , he was ready to take care of me . My Zane , my daddy.