CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I had opted to keep my phone on silent throughout the meeting,  which was a whooping four hours . I knew that it was a bold move , with Theo being little and at the hospital, but I trusted he was in safe hands .
So try to imagine the shock I got when I got to the office and found almost thirty missed calls from the hospital, Charly and the nanny. My blood pressure was almost off the roof .

I was out of the office and in my car in seconds, and I caught a glimpse of Xander doing the same . Well, whatever happened gave us both a scare .
I drove like a maniac, and I literally abandoned the car when I was at the hospital.  Someone would surely take care of it , that was the last thing on my mind . Xander was on my heels, too.

The first thing we saw was the nanny waiting outside the room, I was about to break down that door but thought rationally for a second .

The sight inside almost brought me to my knees , Charly was seated on the couch , knees close to his chest, and he looked so disheleved . He looked up when the door opened, and his beet red eyes stared at us .

Within seconds, he was in his daddy's arms , sobbing his chest out . I looked towards the bed, and Theo was lying there unconscious. He had red marks all over his arms, and he looked to be crying, too.
I watched as his chest rose and fell and finally got some air into my lungs . A nurse had promptly joined us .

" What happened here ? " it came out as an order.  She looked at her feet . My patience was already stretched so thin I felt I would snap . "Get me his doctors now !"

She scrambled out of the room . I looked at Charly, and he didn't seem like he'd be giving me any information soon , so I turned to the nanny.  "What happened?"

"Sir . I'm really sorry I couldn't prevent this . The boys asked for some yoghurt, so I told them to sit still, and I'd get them for them . When I got to the reception, the nurses told me that I could go get it at a convenience store on the first floor, so that's what I did.
When I got back , Charly was crying while trying to call both of you, and Theo was I dont even know how to explain it ,it was like he was out of his mind."

I nodded and walked out of the room. If you get to the bottom of this myself . I looked at the floor plan and located the ICT room . Quickly, I was in the elevator.  The room had cameras so I could easily watch what had happened.
I knocked, and a security guard answered.
" I'd like to watch the tape from my room . "
" I don't think that's allowed, sir ." He was looking at me in a way to intimidate me .
" Oh it's possible knowing very well who I am and what I would do to this fucking hospital. " That seemed to do the trick he moved aside . I told him the details, and he started playing the tape from the moment I left that morning.

It showed Theo sleeping till around 8 am . He was woken up for his morning medication and breakfast. I had told them not to do anything else , I'd clean him myself. He then played around on his gadgets for some time before Charly arrived.  They immediately went down to playing together, he was very energetic and happy .
They asked for yoghurt, and the nanny left like she said she did. They played some more for about two minutes before it went completely dark in the room .
Good thing these cameras had night vision. The two boys were visibly scared. 

Charly took his phone and got his flashlight on. He was such a good boy acting brave for Theo. Someone opened the door , they were dressed in all black and they walked slowly into the room .
Charly was running the light across the room when it fell on the figure . I could hear him ask who it was in his scares voice , Theo, in turn, was trying to hide behind him .
The figure kept getting closer to them and they were at this point so scared. Suddenly it leaped forward. The boys let out a scream, and Theo passed out .
Immediately, the lights were back on .
It was a freaking nurse dresses up like that.  She rushed to check on Theo and he opened his eyes, batting her away at the same time.

Charly seemed to be out of his headspace bit he was disoriented.  He was crying at the same time trying to comfort Theo . He was pushed away by Theo.
My baby boy got off the bed and went to the corner of the room . He was clawing at his hands and hitting his head at the same time . Tears were flowing down his face . Cahrly kept begging him to stop hurting himself,  saying he was going to call us and we would fix everything.

Theo got on the ground,  holding his knees to his chest and rocking himself.  Whenever someone tries coming close to him he would panic and visibility move away .

All of a sudden he jumped from the floor and walked across the room to my coffee station.  He took one of the mugs , hit it on the floor and bent to pick a piece.  What did he have in mind ?
He held the piece in his hand ,looking at it intently . In second he had it on his neck .
Charly was full on sobbing begging him to stop doing that stuff.
The nurse seemed to have called some reinforcement.  Some nurses and the doctor came and manged to get a hold of him . He was given what I guess is a sedative and he fell asleep .

I got off the chair and got back to the room . The doctor was there .
" What did you people try to do?"
He looked like someone who had been caught red handed.
" Did you go against my wishes and force him out of his headspace ? Did you think I was an idiot for telling you to let him be?" I felt like screaming and hitting something.

" Get his transfer documents ready , he'll receive further treatment from home . And I swear let me get a delay in any shape or form , I'll sue this hospital. "

They all rushes out of the room .
" What did you mean ?" Charly had fallen asleep I'm his arms .

" They forced them out of their heaspaces . If you make a little too afraid they'll get out of it . I think you should take him home and be very gentle with him, make him talk to you about it ,I'm sure that will help ."
Xander agreed and went home with Charly . I called my housekeeper and told her to get a room ready for Theo.

In the mean time I started packing up our stuff while I thought of a professional doctor I could get , preferably someone who knows a thing or two about our world.