CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

ZANES POV

Theo was tired, like passed out . I watched him from across the dining table , he wanted to feed himself, so I let him .
"Baby ,let's get you ready for bed ." He nodded and made grabby hands for me .
I smiled and carried him in my arms . He wrapped his hands around my waist and his legs around my waist,  I also had my hand under his bum.

I love this boy . He had his head on my shoulder, his soft breath hitting my neck. I walked slowly, I didn't want to stir him so much with my movements.

" Let's get you out of these clothes, my sweet ." He raised his hands so I could take his shirt off . I carried him to the bathroom , I had half filled the tub with some warm water. No bubbles since he wasn't exactly awake and not too full to avoid accidents .

I supported his head using a towel, and I washed him, then used a detachable shower head ro rinse him down. He was completely out . I looked at him for a minute before I got him out of the water. 
I dried him off , then got him into his nightgown . I tucked him into bed , kissed his head, and put on his nightlight before leaving .
Once back in my room, I took a shower and got into bed . I was glad Theo had put the police station behind him now.

I woke up in the middle of the night , looking around, trying to look for what woke me up. I sat up straight . It took a minute, but I heard the whimper. I was out of my bed and in the other room the moment my brain recognised it was from Theo .

He was thrashing around in bed , a nightmare!
" Baby boy , I'm right here ." I pulled him to me . His hair was wet, and so was his neck and upper body.  How can such a small body sweat this much?
I held him tight, I didn't want him to hurt himself.
"I'm here. No one's gonna hurt you
" He was screaming now . Then it stopped.

" Daddy ....." His voice was tiny, I looked at him, and his beautiful eyes were full of tears .
" I'm here, my sweetheart . Daddy won't let anyone hurt you . Ever again ."
He started crying, and it turned into sobbing . I held him through it and rubbed his back. He surprised me when he spoke .
" Why me ? Why did they hurt me ?"
I didn't have the answers to that question, I never did . I'd die before they hurt him again .

" You're okay, my baby. Let's go to sleep. "
He ended up going back to sleep, and I watched him . I couldn't sleep .
Would he like it if Charly came over? I asked myself those questions early in the morning. I texted Xander asking him to bring his boy over so they could have some time together, and he agreed .

I was elated when he woke up past ten , we had a slow morning , soaking in the tub together, then an early lunch of crab salad and soda . I let him have a fizzy drink cause he was a good boy.

We sat around watching animations for a bit before Xander and Charly arrived later that afternoon.  The boys held hands and ran to the garden and their playroom . I had someone watch them, plus I had cameras all over the place .
I would know if something was wrong .
That's exactly how I knew when thye had been naughty and had extra chocolates , I distinctively told them to have half a bar of chocolate but they went ahead to have a full bar each and some sweets .

I gave Xandor knowing looks while we settled to have dinner.  We were having steak and some sides while the boys had Dino nuggets and chips . They were more than happy with it.

" Theo baby, how much chocolate did you guys have ? " He looked up from his plate then down.
" Half a bar daddy. "
" Really, baby ? That's very good . Although I hope you're not lying to me ." He shook his head and looked at Charly . I couldn't believe my baby was a bad boy . I cracked a small smile .

We finished our meal, then they left to play some more . Xander and I always have coffee after our meals, so we were in the mancave together . It wanst much, just some comfortable arm chairs , a screen for the boys , some games too.

" Do you want to deal with them now ? " Xandee asked and i nodded .
He called for them and they came running .
" Baby, come here ." I opened my thighs so he could fit in between them .
" I had a question for Charly ." I said sweetly.  " Did you guys eat more than enough sweets? Your daddy won't be rok happy if you lie to me ."

He looked like a dear caught in the headlights . I watched him swallow, look at Theo then at me before he looked down .
" I'm sorry daddy, uncle, I had a lot more sweets than you told me to."
Thei started backing away from me.
" What did we say about lies ?" I gave him my dad look .

" It's....sorry . I'm sorry ." He refused to look at me .
" Your apology had been accepted,  but I still have to punish you. "

" I'm also giving you a punishment Charly, I never thought you'd outright lie or participate in a lie . "

"Over my knee." Xandee an I said at the same time and we such a glance at each other. This was gonna be fun .