CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

We'd been home for a while now , I'd been advised to keep his room as bare as possible, so there was literally nothing, just the bed and fitted sheets and the blankie I wanted him to get used to.
The bathroom doors and all drawers were locked ,it was basically a prison. It's just more pretty.

He started shifting in bed, and my attention immediately snapped to him. I became still as a rock. Would he be normal Theo ,or the hurt version, or maybe little.  I honestly didn't know what to expect.

His gorgeous green eyes found mine, and I held his gaze in mine . He looked around the room and then at himself.

" Theo? " He looked at me . That was good, right ? Why wasn't there a manual for these things .
" Hey baby , how do you feel ? Are you big right now ." A simple nod is all I got . He started rubbing at the marks he had on his wrist .

I reached out to pull his hand away, and he flinched . Shocked , I withdrew.  Did I scare him , or was it just a reaction.
" Sorry. May I touch you, Theo ?" He looked away, so I took that as a no.

" I hope you'll be more comfortable here,  it bare for the moment for your own safety.  If you need something just ask . Are you hungry? Thirsty?"
He nodded at thirsty.

I toom out the bottled water I'd brought him and handed it over.  Slowly, he took it from my hand .
" I'd never hurt you, Theo ,I swear ."
He looked at me for a moment and then drank the water .

" We will do things at your pace , whenever you're ready to talk or work with the police just say so. "
I was hurt, I don't know. I thought he'd be safer with me , I guess not.
" I'll be in my room ,right next to yours in case you need me ."

I took off my tie and unbuttoned my shirt . This was a shitty day, and I guess it was only getting started . I was about to walk into the shower when my phone started ringing. It was an unknown number.

" Hello !" Who would call me to be silent? My patience was ice thin at the moment.

"Who do you think you are ? Now I'll have to have my revenge on you ,yiu ruined everything. All because of that piece of shit ! Mark my words you fag."
The line got cut off , maybe he should try harder next time . I knew it was Theo's dad. He wasn't caught yet and they couldn't exactly declare a warrant until his acccomplises were identified by Theo and then confess .
If he tried to harm a hair on my loved ones heads ,id personally deliver him to hell.

Sighing , I places my phone on my bed and went for my shower . I was drained but my mind wasn't ready to shut down and let me sleep. How could Theo try and kill himself, or do any harm . I just wish he would speak up , I can't relate to whatever he's going through but I'd go to the wnda of the world to take away his pain and fears .

The warm water eased the tension in my shoulders and back and I felt relaxed a bit . I stood in the shower till my water started getting cold . Then I washed up and left .
I dried off , tied a towel round my waist and used another to dry my hair . When I walked into the room I was pleasantly surprised.  Theo was on my bed , watching the door .

I let him watch me as I walked into my closet and put on a pair of shorts , I brought a t-shirt into the room, I'd wear it once my hair was dry .
" Do you need something Theo ?" I sat on the furthest end of the bed , scared I'd make him uncomfortable.

He pointed at me . He needed me or what did that mean ?
He crawled towards me , then sat on ny lap, his head in the croock of my shoulder .
" Is everything okay baby ?" He shook his head and within seconds I felt wetness on my skin . I held him tighter. 
" I'm here , I won't let anything or anyone hurt you . I promise. "
I gave his head a kiss and rocked him till he stopped crying.

"Let's move you to a better position, your knees must be tired. " He nodded .
I carried him like a baby, his head on my chest . He could hear my heartbeat .

He sighed and placed his palm on the other side of my chest , his free hand moved to his lips as he sucked his thumb.
" Baby, why won't you talk to me ?"
His pretty eyes looked up at me , I stared back .

" You don't have to force yourself to if you aren't ready my love , I just need your words to know how you are, mentally and physically.
You're safe with me , your words, opinions and thoughts are valued with me okay ? Always remember that.
Daddy will never let anything happen to his baby ."
I gave his nose a kiss and he closed his eyes . We were in silence like that , rocking from time to time until he was asleep .

I slowly tucked him in and slept next to him . I didn't want to hold onto him in case he had a nightmare and thought it he was back there .
I turned off all the lights and we fell asleep.

        THEO.
I was warm and comfy when I woke up , my eyes were also dry . I looked next to me , half expecting to be alone in bed . Zane was on his laptop .
I don't know if he had spidy senses , he immediately looked at me .
" Good morning angel, hope you're feeling much better ."

I smiled a bit, I did feel good today .
" Shall i get you your breakfast? You kust be hungry ." I was so I nodded .

I remember what he said yesterday, I didn't mean to hurt him by being silent, I was just used to being told to keep quiet.
I could say yes or thank you . I closed my eyes and tried to form the words I'm my mouth. It was as if my mouth was sealed shut .
Some sound came out of my mouth, I was frustrated that's not what I wanted .

" Baby , love open your eyes . It's okay you've tried and I'm so proud of you for trying.  Take it easy ." He kissed my nose then forehead .
" I'll only be a second okay ."

I nodded and then he left. I looked around his room. Not exactly what I expected from him . Last time I was in his home I didn't look around, I don't even remember my stay here.

I saw his phone on the nightstand and reached for it , it didn't have a password.
I looked for the notes app and opened a new page .
I typed out what I wanted to say real fast and placed it next to his laptop . He'd see it when he came back.

He walked into the room with a tray.
" I got confused on what to bring , so I got a bit of everything. " He gave a nervous chuckle and I like it.

He placed the tray next to me . He really had brought everything.
" Dig in ."
He went to move his laptop and phone out of the way when he saw the note . He looked at me then back at it and read it.

" Why don't you eat first before we discuss that, okay bud ?" I nodded at sipped on my glass of milk .