CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

I woke up from my nap to the aroma of a home made meal. That made me smile.  I made my way to the kitchen and found Zane on the stove .
" You're up. I was finishing up on this curry before I came to get you ." I went and stood by his side.
" No. Theo stand away from the heat, I don't want any sort of accident happening.  How about you get the drink from the fridge mhh?"

He had made mango juice , yum. And the flowers I had picked earlier were in water looking beautiful. I was just overjoyed.

After he finished cooking, he made me a plate and carried it to the patio outside. The sun was setting and the sky looked absolutely lovely with the streak of colours.
A fire was going on and he already had some throw blankets on the seat .
He gave me my plate and glass after I was seated before rushing for his own . The food looked so good my stomach started grumbling.

I immediately started digging in when he came . The steak was so tender it melted in my mouth and the rice was so flavourful.
" I wish I could cook like you ."
He let out a laugh ." You don't need to know, all you have to do is eat and grow strong and healthy . Okay baby ."

My cheeks felt warm . He liked calling me that . Did this mean we were something ?
" What are you thinking so hard about? "

Could I ask ? I mean maybe I was jumping into conclusions and he was just being nice . I shook my head indicating it was nothing.

He didn't seem convinced but didn't push.  We finished our meal and he asked if I was ready for dessert.  I said I'd have it later , I was too full.
The fairy lights suddenly came on and it was the most beautiful scene . It was wrapped around trees and all over the place.

He wrapped me up in a blanket and sat in his own chair .
" I wanted to talk more on you being a little. If you're ready to learn we can start small and you'll eventually get used to it. "
" Okay." I did want to learn." Can I start learning after I'm done with the police I just don't want the stress to affect it."

" Okay baby . Slow and steady . Speaking of the police  ,their patience is running out . I was thinking we could pass by on our way home ."
I nodded . I didn't want my vacation to ever end. His phone started ringing and he looked at it.
" its from the house ." He said that before picking up. His face immediately changed and he looked angry . He stood from his seat and went a distance away to continue the talk. After about five minutes he came back.

" what's wrong ? " His eyes were hooded and looked dark . He ran his hands roughly through his hair.
" I didn't want to push you baby, but you have to deal with the police today . I just received a call that a package was sent to my address and when it was picked to be taken to my office it exploded. I lost one member of staff because of that .
The police have set up a patrol around my house and office and also around Xander just in case. I think your father has started retaliating against me ,so he needs to be dealt with. "

I nodded . Of course I understood what this meant. " Okay , I'll talk to them tomorrow. " He picked me up and cradled me I'm his lap.

" I'll never let anything happen to you. Ever !" I just lay there listening to his rapid heartbeat. He must be really upset .

"What are we ?" It slipped out of my mouth. It was too late so I just waited for an answer or reaction.
" In my head and heart ,I'm your daddy . You're my baby boy , my Prince and the apple of my eyes. I don't know if you think of me in the same light and I dont expect you to . Its your decision."

" I want you to be my daddy and boyfriend.  My Zane ." He held me tighter and started humming a tune .
I guess I fell asleep.

When I woke up he was already out of bed packing . He had made me a light breakfast and packed some snacks and juice .
" You can have a shower after your breakfast my love ." I received a morning hug and kiss on the forehead and sat down for breakfast. I had my shower and wore the clothes he had laid out for me .
They were comfortable but still presentable . He had also gotten me a new pair of speakers which he helped me tie before we were on our way out .

" After all this is behind us, we'll come here and spend some real quality time together. Or maybe I can take you outside the country instead. " I gave a little smile.  I was nervous again.

He buckled me up and held my ha d when he started driving.
" You know it's not an interrogation love , they just need your statement in your own words . "

I gave a small nod . The problem will be I have to relieve those moments.  I don't think he has noticed but I haven't looked at myself in the mirror once . I don't want to see myself through my eyes , I like the way he sees me . I stared outside the whole time till we pulled up at the police station.

He opened my door and held my hand all the way inside.
"This way sir ." A secretary led us to some rooms .

A police office got out , followed by another man .
" I'm detective Thomas, I'll be handling your case ." I didn't look at them or acknowledge them . Zane handled everything.
"We just need your statement and for you to look at the people we have in custody then you're free to leave.  Okay Theo ."

He opened the door and gestured for me to get in. When daddy tried to follow they asked him to stay outside.
" What's the meaning of this ?" He was angry now .
" We just need to talk to him alone . You'll interfere with everything to be honest.  And you won't be comfortable hearing some of the questions we have. "

It took a lot of words being exchanged for Daddy to agree to stay outside and he had to convince me in turn to go alone .

I was already scared. The room looked bare apart from the table and three chairs that were mounted down . I knew from movies that there was someone watching from the reflective glass.  I avoided looking there .

" Hi Theo, we don't mean any harm okay . Just talk to us ." I nodded .

" Theo, tell us what happened that night . Start fron the beginning, we know you had a sleepover at Mr Stadock's house before the incident. "

The police officer placed a recording device on the table .
" We will record all that you say.  And don't worry Mr Stadock is behind the glass watching  us ."

" It was hot .... summer. So I decided to go out ,cool down. Zane called me at some point.... I don't remember and we agreed to meet up . We went over to his best friends house and spent the day together. Umm...... I don't remember after that . I woke up at his house .
My father was angry saying I had forgotten to do something important the previous day . I didn't remember what . So I asked Zane to take me home . He did .
He also gave me some drink satchet thing which I put in my pocket. "

I looked at them then back to the glass.
They looked at me like they were saying continue.

" I arrived home , he wasn't around so I went to my room and ended up falling asleep. I was woken to his furious banging, he told me to get in the car, no explanation and drove me to that house ." I was getting chocked up now .

" Would you like some water ?" I gave a small nod .
Someone brought me the bottle daddy had packed , it had flavoured water . I liked that more than ordinary water . I took a big sip of it and placed it aside .

" Shall we continue?"