CHAPTER NINETEEN

I placed down the glass of milk, I was done . His eyes met mine and he gave a small chuckle .
" You're in a rush. Okay well, after you were found we managed to capture one man. From him the others were known but until you identify them a case can't be opened against them.
Your father hasn't been caught yet because so far no involvement has been shown between him and the case. You have to give out your statement then maybe after some threatening they'll confess .
I have the recording of my conversation with him, luckily I alaway record my conversations.
So when you're ready to talk or write down what happened I'll take you down to the station so you get to identify the men too. It'll save you the time ."

I nodded .
" Your brother was really worries and wanted to come ,but I told him you were okay . I mean he'll still come just not at the moment.  I wanted to give him the time to get settled into a new job and all."
I was grateful for that, it would have been really hard for him to come down here when he had barely started working.

"Then you have an appointment today with your phycologist , I just want you to be okay bud . And I'll get you any and all the help you need ."

I gave him a hug and a kiss on the temple.
He had work to do so he went to his home office and I watched some TV before going down for a nap.
I was woken up to lunch them the appointment. We didn't do much , the doctor basically introduced herself and told me to be comfy. She started a fun exercise where every day we tell each other something about each others lives in the hopes of getting me more comfortable around her.
She told me she had a dog, a teacup chihuahua.
I wrote down that I liked watching animations, my favourite was greeny .

We watched half an episode before our time was up. I continued watching and ended up watching two more episodes before it was time for dinner .

I was bummed when I learnt that Zane had a business dinner to go to so I was alone .
I has pasta and went to bed.
I didn't like being alone in bed so I went to Zane's room ,slipped into his bed and held his pillow .

" You're awake ." I thought I was dreaming , i felt warm .
Strong hands were around me and I snuggled my face into his neck, smiling to myself.
" What do you think about getting out of town? It must be boring in here ." I nodded so fast.
" Careful now ,you'll get a headache or head butt me."
We snuggled in bed for some time before getting ready for breakfast.  He brushed my hair for me and fixed my clothes , I felt special and loved.

He even held my hand as we went down the stairs. Breakfast was my favourite,blueberry pancakes.
Zane insisted I have something other than pancakes so I had one sausage and some scarembled eggs .
Instead of juice I chose strawberry infused milk.

I didn't have much to pack so Zane decided we would get clothes on our way . He strapped me in and we were on our way . I had wanted to ask him to take me to the park or something, but he came up with something better.
The drive was smooth and silent, I stared out of the window before deciding to roll it down. Of course I asked him first .

" Thank you. " My eyes grew as large as saucers , had I said that.The car veered off the road for a moment and I closed my eyes, scared.
He managed to get it back on track in seconds , " Fuck that surprised me . You're welcome bud." He gave my hair a rub.

The rest of the drive was smooth, we stopped by for some groceries before getting clothes .I insisted on getting comfortable ones ,mostly pajamas but Zane threw in some normal clothes .

We drove two more hours before arriving at the cabin . It was so beautiful and huge , did it even qualify as one .

I wasn't allowed to help carry in the bags so I opened the door instead.
"Wow!" I slapped a hand on my mouth. How was I spewing words today.

" Glad you like it." He moved past me and into the kitchen . A huge one I must say ,it had a huge double door fridge,  a pantry behind glass doors, it was basically a commercial kitchen.
The living room was sunken, very comfortable looking chairs with soft fluffy throw blankets over them.
The TV was so huge and the house was generally impressive.  The attention to detail was spot on .

" Come have a snack baby. " I went to the kitchen and he lifted me up like I weighed nothing and placed me on the kitchen island .
He chopped up some celery sticks , melted some chocolate and passed it to me along with a handful of crisps and a cookie.

" Juice or milk? " He asked from the fridge.  He had bought some apple juice and various flavours of milk.
" Choco milk please ." I silently ate my snacks as I watched him cook. It was a simple dinner,  seafood boil. I know but well I didn't want to go to a restaurant and he was craving it .

" I like that you're comfortable enough to actually use words around me ,you know that I would never hurt you ."
I smiled . Of course I did , to me he was warm and soft ,like the sun at sunrise .

He left the food to cook and showed me around . The bedrooms were really rustic but modern at the same time. I didn't want my own room so I carried my stuff and placed them in his room .
" You want to sleep with me baby boy?"
My cheeks felt warm at that .

He let out a huge laugh. " That came out wrong ,you know what I mean "
I nodded.
He let me watch greeny as he did some work , after promising that he won't work any other second and let us enjoy our getaway .

We sat together by the counter and had our meal. He peeled the shrimp for me and cracked  open lobsters and crabs . My job was to literally eat , I was so full afterwards.

We snuggled up on the couch while he read me a book for story time ,I couldn't be any happier.