CHAPTER THREE

"What was that?? " I asked myself as I dashed out of the building.  I had forgotten myself for a moment or was it a lot of time.
I arrived at the shop and reopened it. I had missed almost a day's worth of work. And to top it all up I had forgotten to tale the money from him.

I sighed and sat down for  a moment. I felt full and refreshed. The sleep did me well.
I looked at my hand and ound myself smiling like a fool. "No.no we are not going there Theo." I scolded myself.

Right now I was majorly focused on surviving till I graduated, found a job then maybe look for a relationship.

Over the next four hours I went about my routine in the shop till it was closing time. I locked up the shop and started on my walk to the subway.

A Bentley parked next to me on my path and I was shocked . Was this where I get kidnapped or something?
Zane walked out from the backseat and stood by me. He was huge .
"You forgot the money little one." Who was he calling little? But I do agree that the way he said it sent sparks down my spine.

"Yeah"  I said nervously. He reached into his coat pocket and reached for a wallet. I'm sure all his clothes were expensive but I was not big on brands.

He got out a few hundred dollar bills and gave then to me.
" Wait this is more than enough!" It could roughly add upto six hundred dollars.

"Keep it I greatly inconvenienced you and made you hurt your hand." He smiled sweetly and I shoved the bills into my pocket. That was equivalent to my rent for the next semester and some more.
"Where are you headed so late?"

"Home." I had to start moving or I would miss my train. " I need to get going ."

"Let me drop you ."was he crazy that was about forty minute drive.

" No I can't allow that it'll be a forty minute drive or more. It's a bit far." He simply looked at the driver's side and opened the door for me.
"Ger in I'll drop you." I said into the backseat and let me tell you it was effing luxurious .
The leather was flawless and the temperature was just nice not too cold or hot.
The car smelt like him woodsy and minty and I  found myself taking a huge breathe.

"So what is the address?" I told him and the driver put it in the GPS.
" Tell me about yourself?" I stared at him shocked. Why would he want to know about me?
" I don't think..."
"Well we have about an hours drive ahead of us ."

"Ok. Umm my name is Theo. I'm 21 turning 22 on August 7th. As you are aware we live just outside the city.  Not too suburb but just enough. I have an older brother, Max ,and my dad is a priest and my mom is a principal. I'm in college in Manhattan studying to be an accountant. "

I turned to him smiling a bit." That's all."
"What year are you in?"
"I'm in my second year about to go to the third. Tell me about you."

He chuckled a bit." Zane is my name. CEO of Stadock Enterprise. Only child and not close with my parents . That's all."

"How old are you?"
"I'm 28 my birthday is on 12 September but I'm not into those."

We spent the restof the ride talking about everyyand nothing honestly till the car stopped in front of our gates.
"Can I have your number Theo?"
I was apprehensive about giving it out to him but he was so good to me today. I took his phone and typed it in.

I waved a quick goodbye as I dashed into the house.

"Who was that?" My father's voice welcomed me into the house.
"A friend from the city. He just drooped me off."

"Really? Now your looking for men to bring you home? Did he fuck you in the backseat?"

I breathed in and started leaving towards my room. This would end up being a battle and I would surely lose.

The next couple of days went by great. I delivered flowers to Zane twice and he made me have lunch. He would sometimes text me Goodmorning or goodnight and those texts made my day.

Max was setto leave  in a couple of days so he was mostly  out tying up loose ends. Mother was to attend some conference in Ohio for a few weeks before schools resumed.

I dreaded being left alone here with father but I  didn't exactly have friends to go to .
Today was a weekend so no work for me. Sheryl would overlook the shop . I sprawled in my bed thinking of something to do. Maybe I could go into the city and have a walk around. Things were changing and I wouldn't mind the exercise.  With that in mind I took a shower and picked out a pair of lavender shorts and a white meshy shirt to curb the heat.

I sneaked out as I didn't want my father to ruin my mood this morning . I took the subway and arrived under the sniffling heat.  This could kill a person to be honest.

I walked around for a bout thirty minutes before I took a rest in a restaurant.  I didn't want to risk getting heat stroke. I had some chilled blueberry juice.
As I w a s leaving I got a phone call from Zane. Weird he had never called me before.

"Hello." I said after picking up.
"Hey sweet one. What are you doing this weekend?"
I felt myself plush at the nickname." Nothing.  Right now I'm having a walk in the city although it's a bit hot."

"Wonderful would you kike to join me? We could sit down and maybe play some games if you want. "
That sounded better that getting a sunburn and heat stroke. "Mmh ok . Where do I meet you?"
" can you come to my office. I'm finishing up on something then we can start."

I agreed and started my walk to his office. When I got into the lobby I couldn't help but appreciate the air-conditioning.

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment.
Word count 1069