CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"We've found his exact location, Sir !" I think the only other time I was that happy was when I touched my first million .
" Then what are you waiting for ? Get him !"

I can't deny that they had worked well by getting him,but they were too slow. They wanted to go through things a zillion times .
" All the best, mate . I have to go home to Charly now ,he'll be super happy that Theos location has been found. I have my phone on me at all times ,please do not hesitate to call me . Okay ?" Xander had been a huge help. He was here all night keeping me sane ,I'm sure Charly misses him ,they didn't spend that much time apart.

" Yea, I will . And I'll tell you when we have him. Thank you for everything. "
He embraced me .
" That's what brothers are for ,don't mention it ."

My house was a mess , maps strewn across the dining table and counters , papers ,empty coffee cups, and energy drinks . Wires all over . It had been one hell of a night .
We sat together in the living room and got a  plan together. The house was binge watched as we spoke by skilled snipers . They overheard that the men planned to head out in the morning, so that would work in our favour.
" As for you, sir , we'd need you to be out of the way. We can let you close once he's been secured ."
I respected that I knew I was not the most rational when it came to Theo .

That night, I barely slept . I was running high on everything, and I wanted Theo in my arms so bad . They didn't think he was that hurt, but things could change at any time. His brother had contacted me, begging to be informed whenever anything happened, at least he cared .

I kept tossing and turning in bed till I gave up on sleeping in the wee hours of the morning.  I took a shower and got some coffee running . Everyone else woke up early, too, and came for the coffee.  Nobody spoke until it was time to go over the plans again.

We left the house afterwards, and midway, we got news that the men had left the house . So that meant either he was alone or with one or two other men.
I stayed back in the car, palms sweating and heart beating wildly .
I could see most of the house from where we were parked, and they started by securing the house first.

I watched with bated breaths as they waited before finally breaking down the door . They rushed in, and I could hear the commotion . Not being able to wait any longer, I got out of the car and headed there.
They would have to kick me out if they wanted.
" Sir, here he is !" I almost fell running . He was lying flat on the floor. He looked hurt, and the basted who did it was half naked on the other side of the room, cuffed.
Someone had covered him up, and I was honestly grateful for that . How he must have been in pain. I immediately knelt by his side and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.  I felt the muscle tense up.
" Theo , daddy's here now. I'm here !" If I could, I would have cried.
I wanted to hold him against me, but they advised me not to move him.
Seconds later, paramedics came and started attending to him. When he moaned out in pain, I felt like punching them. They didn't want to give him any pain killers until they were at the hospital, and he was all tested .

They told me to keep him awake, and I did try . He must have been in so much pain . He closed his eyes.
"Is he alive? Somebody fucking answer me is he breathing?"

" Yes sir he is . But not for long if we don't hurry up." They quickly wheeled him out and into the ambulance.  I hopped in behind him and watched as they got him on oxygen then on some drips . I had honestly never prayed before, but I was praying for him in my heart.  I needed him to be alive .

That man was lucky, I was going to kill him with my own bare hands, but Theo was more important. I'd focus on his recovery first .
We pulled in front of the hospital, and I got out of the way to let them work. It was a blur of movements . They took him into surgery, and I sat outside ,waiting.

I remembered at that point to inform Xandor that he had been found , as well as Theo's brother . They were all very happy and worried at the same time . Xander offered to come, stay with me, but I told him to enjoy the time with Charly ,I'd update him, and  he can come after they've settled him up in a room.

The surgery took five hours ,the longest five hours of my life. He was wheeled into the ICU, and I opted to talk with his doctors first, then visit him later. I already knew how things were run, I wouldn't be allowed to spend that much time I'm there, no matter my level of influence.

" Are you the guardian?" He asked when I walked into his office
" Yeah, I am." I took a seat , crossing my ankles together out of habit .
" So it's not too severe . He has a concussion ,thankfully, it's not surgical serious. I'm afraid it might leave some long lasting effect, frequent headache, migraines at times ,irritation ,his head will be tender and this is just a possibility, I doubt it will be in this case but loss of memory. 
His nose was fractured , not broken, thankfully. We've cast it up and will heal nicely.  His cheekbones were also bruised . There won't be any scarring left on his face with our care. Creams , a good diet, and medication will do the trick.
His back will scar though , he was severely beaten , some happened to land on other parts of his body, and they would also scar due to them not being treated well.

He's on a lot of fluids and glucose to keep him energised .
Now, onto the sensitive part, he does have some scarring on his anus , I'm assuming a failed forced penetration. That has been taken care of, too. It will probably heal before he's out of the ICU.

We'll need to put him on with a psychiatrist, just as a precaution.  Most patients do end up needing a bit of help to overcome what happened. 

Other than that,  we should have him in a normal room in less than a week.
Any questions?"

Wow ,that was a lot to digest . I needed to sit down and sort through all of it. See how I can help him best .
" Set him up in a private single room. If possible, away from prying eyes and ears. I want nurses ,professionals ,by his side 24/7. And do what you can about the scars on his back. Thank you for your hard work. 
I'll have someone make the payment to everything you might even need to help him get better. 
And I need the best and I mean the best of the best working on him. Especially his mental health.
Also make the bed bigger in his room. Ill be staying over a lot. "

We discussed some more a bit before I left to see Theo.
I got cleaned up and dressed in the respective clothes . He was lying unmoving . As pale as a ghost ,woth a bandage around his head and some on his nose. He looked scared .
I sat beside him and held his hand.
" Theo baby , daddy's here. I should have come earlier bean. I'm sorry I let the bad man hurt you. I swear they're going to pay for this.
Now all you have to do is focus on getting well soon. Charly is waiting for you and me too. I promise to take care of you my sweet one. I love you so much. Daddy loves you."

I watched his chest moving for some time before I left . Finally heading home.