CHAPTER EIGHT (Theo)

My bed was extra warm today ,how did that happen. I stretched out my hands and they were caught by something. I involuntarily let out a whine.
" You'll poke out my eyes if I don't hold your hands Theo. "

Does the pillow speak? Am I dreaming or something?
" Wakey wakey little one. "
I slowly raised my head . Whoa, he looked sexy in the morning, his bedhair looked like a model's and the slight stubble on his face made it manlier .

Then I discovered that I was mostly on top of him, my head on his chest ,hands in his and my legs entertwined with his.
The most embarrassing thing happened, I started sweeling up on his thigh ,he could definitely feel it ,I could feel it.

"Someone's awake . How are you feeling?" So we were going to ignore my bones.  Noted .

" I'm okay , I've never felt so well rested. " and I had a full bladder that should probably be emptied.
" That's probably the late night milk, always works wonders ."

" Milk? What milk? "
He gave me a weird look ." Theo, can you tell me what you remember from last night ? "

" Well I met Charly and his daddy and we hung out the whole day. Then my dad called and I..... father ! I should be home, how am I not home ? " I jumped from the bed and landed on my ankle.

I let out a cry, it was painful and I was stressed . Father would kill me.
" Theo I need you to calm down , can you do that for me baby ."
I felt like I couldn't breathe . " Breathe baby , in ,out, in ,out . Just like that my sweet. "

When I was finally calm , Zane looked at my ankle and said it was a mild sprain ,I would rest it and ice it.
" I need to go home. "
He paused by the door, he was going to get me an ice packet for after my bath.

" Well could you let your ankle heal up a bit before leaving, I mean we don't want to mess it up." I really didn't like the idea of me messing it up, but I was extremely late. I couldn't evade the inevitable.

" No ,I have to go now. I wasn't supposed to stay out for this long. " He gave a subtle nod and left . Minutes later he was back with the ice .
" I had your clothes washed earlier this morning, you can take a quick bath and have breakfast.  I'll drop you off. "

" I really don't have that much time . I'll shower at home and have some food there too. "
" Theo please . I need you to have that energy. "
I agreed because he'd been so good to me. That's the least I could do. He helped me to the bathroom and left me alone. If I needed some help all I had to do was call out . But that would be super uncomfortable.

I was ready in no time , settled in the dinning room,  an ice pack on my elevated foot.
They had really outdone themselves on this breakfast, or maybe Zane ate like this every morning.  There was a fruit bowl, pancakes both with blueberries and plain ones , bacon , scrambled eggs , toast ,there was an avocado smoothie I think . It probably had other fruits in it and some oats for Zane .

Zane loaded up my plate with bacon ,eggs and pancakes . He also gave me a glass of milk .
I dug in ,it was bad manners to leave your plate mostly full . I gave up when I felt like my tummy might burst.

" Can we leave now ? " Did he not want me to leave or something?
" Okay ,let me get you your phone ." How had I forgotten about that.

" Do you have deep pockets ?" Zane asked this when we were in the car.
" Not so deep ,but I have this secret one inside my shorts. I loved it, you can hide your phone here while on the beach."

" That's good to hear, why don't you put this there. " He handed me a sachet.
I studied it but there was barely anything written on it.

" What's this ? "

" An energy pack. You take it when you're hungry or dehydrated . It had a lot of nutrients to keep the body running for about 48 hours . But be warned it tastes bad ."
" Oh okay ,and what am I supposed to do with this?"

" it's a game . Next time I meet yku ,I'd want to see the packet, either empty or full. "
" I don't really get the game but okay ,I like games ."
" One more thing , will you call me Theo. Call me when you get home , tonight before you sleep, tomorrow when you wake up. Call me all the time if you want to."
I let out a laugh. " Okay ,you're being weird . I'll call you then. "  we were silent for the rest of the ride home. Zane looked angry, I wanted to ssk why but that was not my place.
We finally pulled up infront of my gate. "Thanks for the day ,the ride and everything.  I really had fun ."

"You're welcome bud, we should do this again eehhh." He came close to me and placed a strand of hair behind my ears . I was probably bright red.
"I'd love that."

He reminded me to call him again a dozen times before I got him to leave. My heart immediately started hammering in my chest. I hope father was not home. I unlocked the front door and got in . Nobody was home ,thank heavens.

I went to my room a plopped in bed , I needed to clean up . I was sleepy though,the stress must have caught up with me . I closed my eyes for and drifted off .
Bang! I was jolted from my sleep. Father was by my door, I guess he had banged it .

" Where have you been ?" I was trying to get a grip of everything, my heart was beating a mile per second .
" um out..at a friend's.. Charly. "
" What did I tell you yesterday huh? "
I watched as he stalked towards me. I was still in bed.
" I'm sorry I slept at a friend's place. I didn't even notice. "
"You have many friends these days , huh Theo. Are you becoming a whore."

" No , no , they're my friends . That's all."
"Okay ,let me pardon that. Why did you go out yesterday? Didn't you know I had plans ?"
I trued rummaging my brain for any such thing. " Forgive me , I don't remember anything. "

" You always forget, how about I teach you a valuable lesson today ? You'll never forget this one I promise. "
" I'm sorry, I won't go out again. I won't forget. Please father." The last time he taught me a valuable lesson was when I was 16. He caught me looking at two men together, I was getting to know that side of me, I didn't find girls attractive but I liked looking at muscular boys .

He gave me a concussion,  a broken hand , a broken nose and nightmares to last me a year . I've never been able to look at sexual videos again. It brings back the past.
"Stand up. Let me not ask again."
I rushed to my feet forgetting about my bad ankle , I staggered a bit.

"You can't even walk ! What were you doing with that friend, I don't even care .Shut up! I don't want to hear a word from your mouth or this will be ten times worse." I immediately clammed up. He's a ruthless man,I didn't want to get on his bad side.

" Let's go." I limped my way after him. We got into his car and he started driving, I couldn't ask where we were going . It was a long drive and it was getting dark. We finally stopped but I couldn't say I knew the place.  It was a farmhouse, not too old but it certainly showed the wear from the years .

" Get moving ." I followed him up the steps . He knocked and a man opened . I recognised him from church but that was all.

" Hello Theo." He was scary .
" Hello sir " my voice came out shaky . He smiled and walked into the house . There were more men inside . Atleast five .They were seated around the dining table.

" Sorry I'm late boys " Father sat down in one of the seats . I stood by his side waiting the next instruction.
" Theo , stand in the corner like the bad boy you are. " I did that.

I didn't like getting such orders from him ,they felt belittling.
" Here he is boys , sorry about the inconvenience yesterday. "What did he mean by that.
The men laughed a bit. " It's okay James , you can't control these young ones these days. But we'll teach him well." The man who opened the door said that.

" I hope you can. He needs to get married soon . An arrangement is waiting for him. The family will rebuild the church and give a handsome donation.  Apparently their daughter has been in love with him for a while now."
I'd never heard of any such thing . What was father going on about .

" Patience James . Good things take time." They all turned to look at me.
" Come here son !"