CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

ZANE'S POV

It's not every day I get in contact with some of the most powerful men in the world. I was nervous, to be honest. 
I couldn't leave with Theo, not after everything that had happened. We just needed to lay low for a minute . Don't even ask how I got them to come to me .
I guess even if they need holidays,  this counted as one .

Theo's father was a pest they could crush in seconds. Then they'd have free time on their hands.
I got the notification that their jet had just landed. I had sent Xander to pick them up . Theo didn't want me anywhere near a car, and I needed him to stay calm, so I obeyed . Plus, he was stuck in me like a koala . The only time I could sneak out and get some work done was when he went down for his nap .

I'm a bit happy. He's slipping more and more into his littlespace . Even though these aren't the circumstances I wanted , a win is a win .
I got a message from Xander notifying me that they were on their way . He'd suggested bringing Charly to keep the boys occupied .
His nanny would be here in minutes .

" Theo, my love , Charly's coming over.  Do you want anything special to be made for you boys in the kitchen?" Yes , I was spoiling him,  but boy, you haven't seen this one have a tantrum.
"Cookies, Daddy !" I don't know what they put in those cookies, but he asks for them whenever he has the chance .

I'm smart, after all. That was the plan . He'd then ask if he can help them make the cookies, and I'll make him wait for Charly ,not make a mess and be obedient.  That gives me the time to discuss important business with the others . The second Charly walked into those doors ,they were in the kitchen . Good thing he was little.

I went to my study to make it a bit presentable . I hadn't been in here for some time now .
" We're here ."
I looked up at Xander walking in . He came to my side of the desk, standing next to me and leaving the two leather seats for my guests.

They were as handsome and rugged as I remember,  Basilio and his dirty blonde hair , beautiful different coloured eyes . Grimaldo  and his black hair , dark eyes . They were almost black. Both of them are still as tall, muscular, and threatening.

Bas was the first to move . " Brother !" I was in his arms in seconds.  Taking him in,  his scent and feeling of home. I missed him so much. Having him here just solidified that fact .

He let go, and I look at Mal, " Won't you embrace me, older brother?"
" Come here, you punk !" He felt like an anchor ,everything righted itself on my axis .

" Thanks for coming, guys . I know this is dangerous for you, too."
Bas let out a laugh, " Don't act like you've forgotten everything. This is nothing. We have our security details all over town if needed. I just want to finish this asshole then we can have a little family vacation. Catch up . I've missed you so much. "

" I missed you too . What's the plan ?"
Mal took a seat and got out some documents from the inside of his suit pockets.
" First of all , both our right hands are here , don't be surprised if you see strange men around . Then it's better if we all stay at one place , I guess it's here .
That way, our security and yours can work together . Then it's down to tracking that man , either finishing him off or sending his ass to prison.  That will be your call. Then, like Bas said,  a family holiday before we go back to business. "

" Okay , solid . Any ideas of how we'll get his location?"
" It shouldn't be too hard,  he's an amateur after all.  My team will be able to sniff him out . "

" Dadddy! Lwoook" Theo charged into the room, icing in his hair and some colour on his cheeks . He had a huge cookie written ' best daddy ' in his hands . He immediately paused when he noticed the others.
I could see his mood dampen, and he would be out of his headspace in seconds.

" Yes baby, come let me introduce you to your uncles. " I gave them a brief nod
He shyly walked to my side and settled between my legs .
" That's a very beautiful cookie ! Is it for me ! " He was already smiling.
" Yes !" There he was .

" That was so sweet of you my precious. Can I have a bite ?" He held it for me bite . I took an extra large one .

" Silly daddy,  slowly. "I let out a small laugh while chewing.  He also took a bite , smiling.
Once he had swallowed, I turned him to face the room .

" Baby, meet uncle Bas and Mal . They're my brothers . " His eyes went wide .
" They're so big!"
Bas let out a chuckle.
" Hey cutie, I'm big so I can carry you around ." Theo pipped up at that idea.
" Piggy ! Piggy !" He started chanting.
" We can go outside or in your room, it's bigger than this crappy office.  Right baby boy ? " Theo was officially won over .
He placed a small kiss on my chin, left the cookie and took off with Bas.

" Wow they hit it off fast. "I honestly hadn't expected that. I was waiting for an awkward moment between them.

" He's a child at heart. "
" I'll go give Charly a Piggy ride too . Or he'll be fussy ." He excused himself and left.

Mal moved his seat closer to mine. " So I guess that young lad is the one in need of protection ? He's that important that you literally brought back the promises we made to each other. "

Yes Mal was older,  but my father favoured me . I was supposed to take over the business from him ,then Mal would have the portion that Bas takes care of . I felt like I wasn't cut out for that life . So I broke my promise to my dad when he passed away and gave it to my brother. He was a much better leader than I ever could .I wanted a baby boy, to keep him safe from everything.  To add salt in the wound,  being gay in the mafia was a big no no . Yes I could bend the rules when I took my throne ,but I wasn't up for the fight, bloodshedding and everything in between. 

They made me a promise, to always be there for me when I needed them . All I had to do was ask. However trivial, they would avail themselves to me . My people would be under their wing , my boyfriend or husband, my business.

Yes I grew form the ground,  but they made sure no one messed with me . Not many people knew of my existence.  It was easy to cover up my childhood and past . They were the most powerful in the world after all. 

" He's my everything,  and his father messed with him . Family is supposed to mean everything. So I'll avenge him . "

He gave a nod . He knew exactly what i meant and how I felt.
" I'll take care of everything, just focus on that bundle of joy. "
I know that my brothers would lay down their lives for me . I took his word for it . And for the first time in months , I slept peacefully with my boy in my arms.

Don't forget to vote andeave a comment 😊