𝐈𝐈𝐈. Anticipation & Anxiousness

Time seems to slow down when we are anticipating something or when we are deeply yearning.

Every youngster invited to the ball was highly anticipated for the grand night to come, only being Jungkook who was more nervous about it.

He had many self doubts, afraid too that he may not be able to meet the girl of his dreams.

The amber eyes which didn't let him sleep at all and those lips, oh how he wished he could just feel the essence of the petal like lips against his own lips, leaving a taste so sweet like a butterfly wing losing its color on a fingertip. He feared breaking them, taking all the colors away and he might treat the thing so tenderly even with an inner flame burning so high.

Soft and tender, roasted by the heat of his love gradually, he wanted his beloved to feel the warmth of his love yet don't wanna burn things up by the heat.

That's how he had imagined it to be.

Ever since he found out about the ball night, sleeping became a difficult task and yearning and the desperation with a fear of not having it all if he doesn't find her, it all woke him up constantly.

Lantern lit up in his room, his eyes staring at the only painting while he would pen down the tsunami of words on the blank sheets.

"I wonder if I'll even survive the day I see you… but clearly I'd rather die of joy than to live this way…" The writer whispered as he stared at the painting, sighing as he knew the painting won't speak to him.

He is anticipated but more terrified too.

He had imagined all possible scenarios of the day he would meet her, followed by the way he would try to fight his heart and step to her to offer his hand for her, let her take his hand as he would bow to kiss on her hand, look up into her eyes and might die at the intensity of the emotions constantly bringing his heartbeats to higher pace.

He didn't know how he'd handle all of it but he was more devastated for the minor of the possibility of not finding her, or maybe if she denies his offer and finds herself a better person, maybe a better prince.

He knew if this would happen, he might have a heart attack and would conclude his life to an end.

He had gone crazy, he knew but was he to blame when the person on the painting was so worth this pain?

And just like this the day of the ball was there.

The new morning in the Park Kingdom started with the bright Sun, spreading around the Kingdom and the town over the glee and blossom of nature in spring.

The sign of the bright Sun could tell, it was going to be an amazing day.

Working regularly was a bit difficult that day. None could keep their mind of the forthcoming night but after doing their important tasks, they were all set to prepare for the event.

The young royals of the Kingdom were off their schedule starting from their late afternoons.

And so was the duo of best friends, Prince Jimin and his poet companion Jungkook.

"What do you think I'm looking like? I think it is too much for me." Jungkook complained as he stood in front of a giant mirror, followed by getting a roll of eyes from his friend.

"Don't you even dare complain, it's your fourth outfit already." Jimin retorted frustratedly as he judged his friend while sitting on a cushion chair of his room, the couple of royal designers and servants stood there, ready to help Jungkook with his other outfit already.

"I don't look like me." Jungkook said in his defense.

"What's wrong with these classic black pants? This corset is going so well with your shirt and this coat above is marvelous. Can't you see the shine of gems and pearls on it?" Jimin exaggerated about the outfit as he tried to convince his friend.