𝐈𝐕. The Moment He Longed For

Heart heavy and hands cold, the evening grew to be colder for the little prince Kim.

He for sure knew the way he would be accompanied by a crowd so big, occupying space in the grand hall of the castle where he would be engulfed by their warmth.

He had never had issues when it came to welcome new people, let his thoughts be shared and let himself be expressed to earn a new admirer but that day was unlike others.

The day beheld a lot of mystery and somewhat seemed intriguing for him too but what he didn't like was the heaviness about his chest, heaviness of being enforced for something he wasn't even sure about.

He was well aware of the purpose of the ball and what he feared was not matching the expectations of the scenarios he made in his mind. He was excited to meet more new people, being his childhood friends of different kingdoms, one of them being Park Jimin, his childhood best friend of the royal academy and more like many famous people he always wanted to meet.

But he didn't imagine a certain romance with someone, even if he would force himself to do so, he would only feel their essence, as if he was being held by a warm pair of arms, that feather-like touch, the embrace full of tranquility and a shoulder feeling like a home itself where he could lean his head whenever or wherever he could.

He didn't imagine himself on a ball night, dancing along with a gorgeous princess dancing with him in her ball gown. It never occurred to him and that's what he always feared. He was uncertain of his desires and more importantly about his future.

It's very unusual to see a prince worrying about his future, the prince who everyone would envy for being so extraordinary but what goes inside of the velvety walls of a heart, we never know.

But somehow throwing this out of his mind, he let himself be floated away by the grip of time. He couldn't go ahead of it, couldn't even lag behind.

So he got himself ready for that evening.

Standing in front of his huge mirror, the prince stared at his reflection. The dark brown hair permed to perfection, swirls of his strands parted and falling on the sides over his temples.

Lopsided eyes due to no special amusement, long straight eyelashes adding to his charms as always, right over his amber eyes. The velvety rose petals like lips were a bit glossy and slightly tinted and to match the gloss of his lips was the pearl hanging through his left ear and the pearl necklace over his ruffled silk and net shirt.

The shimmer and glitter of gems was adorning the dark royal blue long coat he wore with his pants, red corset under it and so were the classic black boots.

That face was clear as the fresh stream water drifting off high mountains, the glow of which was as shiny as the moon that night, perfectly contrasting with his dark outfit like the night with stars like gems shining on it.

And could he forget about the iconic rose on the front pocket of his coat? Of course not.

Taking a deep breath he admired his reflection in the mirror for a good while until he was ready enough to walk out and join the rest of the other family members and his brother.

~♛~

The few hour-long ride didn't seem way too long as the pair of two friends talked about almost everything, accompanying each other in the cart and immersing into each other as they talked.

And just like this, they finally reached their destination.

The castle was illuminating from a far long distance, glistening as if a burning celestial body in a dark space.