𝐗𝐕𝐈. Hard To Stay Okay When Away

Distance was never a friend of lovers, how could it be when it would replace glee with gloom and romance with yearning, when it would enhance the durations of days and night and turn them into something unbearable.

The writer luckily had so much around him to keep him busy with a lot of forthcoming responsibilities. But the nights would end him up intact in his dark space, just the source of the lantern on his desk would give the light to his dark room.

And as endless as his connection with the pen, he would pour his phrases down by the white sheets and would write his beloved prince a letter everyday, talking about his day and asking about his.

He would write them all and keep them intact until the week-long information is kept in the letters and he would give them to the royal messenger to take it away into the different kingdom and would receive a set of letters just like this weekly.

The writer would not only talk about his day but write his beloved a poetry every time, conserved in it safely to take him to the one he wrote it for and he would always, would always keep a rose in the letters which he began to nurture in his prince's remembrance.

Jungkook was habitual of this distance and this yearning but never had he ever got this strong urge to get to his prince and consume his entire self into his arms, kiss him like he never did, would never detach him away and would never ever let him feel any less loved or appreciated for just existing.

He would have his own ritual before opening the envelopes of letters, covered with velvety sheets, saved with the scent and cologne of the prince.

The writer would hug them tight against his chest right when he would find himself alone in his space with the bunches of letters, open then up with a huge smile and inhale the intoxicating smell which would bring tears on the edges of his eyes every damn time 'cause they would remind him of his prince, smelling like a garden of roses and strawberries.

And he would keep himself stable on his chair before opening the letters to read them, and with the first word itself, he would just wanna burst out into tears.

The prince would reply and talk about his life sincerely, with so much love and affection speaking through every word and the writer would feel himself high on a mountain, knowing exactly he was the lucky person that the prince loves back.

Jungkook was so in love that even if he was pushed into a ditch and it was his prince pushing him into it, he would spread his arms wide and let him fly and fall into the ditch even if it causes him death.

It sounds just as crazy as it seems, but ask Jungkook, he was there for all the risks.

And would it be a big deal for him if his prince out of nowhere one day doesn't simply wish to meet him but wants Jungkook to see him desperately because everything suddenly got a bit unbearable for the young little prince.

Jungkook one day received a letter from the prince, the sense of the letter was unlike his usual ones, it didn't contain joy, excitement of sharing about his days or anything good but it had a sense of deep yearning, sorrow of distance and a strong urge to see the writer as soon as possible.

The writer too would wanna meet his prince so bad, it already been a month or two and he was wanting to get some time for himself to get to see the prince and once he read that letter, it all went down for him.

The way the prince wrote the letter had tears in Jungkook's eyes, the need and urge to see him enhanced in the writer too that the next thing he knew was to already set up his schedule for his visit in the Kim Kingdom and for this he knew he had to let Jimin know before anyone else.

~♛~

The other hand, the prince was impacted by the distance too. For him, he was his first love and he was not habitual of the yearning the love brings and it being new to him brought him so much that he all alone had to go through.