Chapter 21

Anastasia's POV~

Anastasia's POV~

It has been six days now. Six days we have not met and five days of me, spamming his phone with messages after that news incident.

But he had not bothered to check my texts, let alone actually replying to them.

After that night, I became busy with all the shifting and moving stuff with Chloe. She left two days after that when she got her certificate.

When I was finally alone in my room, I started to really think about the matter.

I have an idea how the media works nowadays. It can be ruthless sometimes.

Okay, a lot of the times.

They are known to make a mountain out of a molehill. They make every news look scandalous.

It is not like I am defending him or something.

I just do not want to jump to conclusions before knowing anything like those girls shown in the movies.

I want to clear it out with him. Face to face. Like two mature adults.

It is high time I start acting my age.

After all, it is not like he will lie to me, right? I mean, what is the need?

Like I have said before, he can have any girl he wants. He does not need to come after me and entertain me if he already has someone in his life.

So, I stopped calling him.

But the more days went by with me alone, the more my thoughts began to take another turn.

I started worrying for him and that is when I kept sending him texts. I just wanted to know that he was okay.

I even prayed for his wellbeing when I went to the church this Sunday.

I could not help the caring side from resurfacing. He was the first man I have wanted after all.

Memories of how we met the first time kept coming back and I wondered if he was hurt this time too.

Maybe that is the reason he is not contacting me.

There is a possibility.

He seemed so careless about his health that time also.

What if he is injured again?

What if there is no one to take care of him unlike that night?

What if the wounds are serious?

What if...

Shit!

This overthinking will kill me one day.

************************