Chapter 26

Anastasia's POV~

Anastasia's POV~

Sitting on the sofa in Alessandro's room, I think back to the last weekend I spent here. It is now my third weekend with him.

After the incident of Rodie that night, I was a bit hesitant to talk about him with Alessandro, worried how he will react.

As soon as the last class finished on Friday last week, Alessandro was there to pick me up before I could even protest.

It was not that I did not want to spend time with him but that day was Rodie's birthday and we had a celebration planned.

Thinking back to that moment, a smile tugs at my lips.

FLASHBACK

Standing in front of the mirror, I clasp my earring and meet his curious gaze through the glass as he enters the room.

"I am going out." I inform him while adjusting the pendant on my neck.

"Where?" He takes sips from the glass, keeping his eyes on my reflection.

I take a breathe.

Relax Ana. He will not be mad.

Alessandro is not like other boys.

"Today is Rodie's birthday. We are throwing a party for him at a nearby restaurant."

I fidget with my fingers while speaking, Chloe's words roaming around my head.

'Men are dominant. They like to be in charge. They do not like when you mention some other men in front of them. It hurts their ego.'

And after how long I have known Alessandro for, there is no doubt in my mind that he is dominant. Not after what he said to me that night on the road.

A blush coats my cheeks, remembering that.

He puts the glass down after drinking. "Okay. I will drop you and do not come by yourself. Call me when it is over. I will be there to pick you up."

My brows scrunch up in confusion at his reply and I turn around to look at him properly.

How is he so calm? He was not supposed to be.

My confusion comes out in the form of words. "Are you not going to try to stop me or something?"

"And why would I do that?" Now it is his turn to frown at me.

I shrug one shoulder. "Because I have heard that every boyfriend does so."

"Maybe they do but I will not." He mutters, unclasping the watch around his wrist.

Damn! I am in love with those veins.

'Snap out of it'

My conscience scolds.