Chapter 40

Anastasia's POV:~

Anastasia's POV:~

"A Cosmopolitan," A confident and attractive female voice comes from my back before a tall and gorgeous lady takes the seat beside mine, "please."

Long auburn hair frames her face and I think, the reddish orange one-shoulder dress she is wearing perfectly suits her fiery look but my eyes squint when they see her right arm attached to a sling.

Her left hand stretches forward, painted nails wrapping around the curved-V of the glass as the bartender puts down her drink.

"Umm," I try to catch her attention.

Her eyes shoot up instantly, and I am shocked for a second, staring at her eyes.

They are golden!

I shake my head, realizing I am still silent, "Though I am not a doctor or anything, and I am probably interfering in your matter, but you should not drink right now."

She tilts her head, looking me up and down, then pushes the glass back and swings her chair in my direction. "And why do you think,"

Oh God, I should not have said that. I barely even know her!

Her gaze, hot and angry, fixes on mine, "I should listen to you?"

I point to her arm, "You are injured and alcohol slows down the healing process."

She looks at me for a little longer as if trying to understand my real intention. A huff comes out of her full lips as she finally turns back to the bar and pushes the drink further away from her. Her hands form a cushion on the hard marble before her head falls down on them with a dejected sigh.

I can not help myself as I drag my stool closer to her, "Are you ok?"

She peeks from under that mass of red hair, her brow a thick brownish arch, "Are you really concerned or just mocking me?"

This time my own brows go up, "Why would I mock someone I do not even know?"

"So you would have if you knew me."

"That is not what -"

A ringing laugh interrupts my words and I see her laughing at my lack of justification. She waves a hand dismissively. "Sorry. Just could not stop my lawyer self from coming out."

"Oh" Is all that I can mutter.

"And sorry for earlier too." She squeezes my hand on the bar, a dazzling smile taking over her face.

"It is fine. Really." I smile back.

She is not that bad.

"That son of a bitch just ruins my mood."

I cough awkwardly, hearing her curse as she glares holes at the back of a tall man who has his face opposite from us, talking to some women.

I do not think that was meant to be heard but how loudly she said it, I doubt there is anyone who has not within a feet radius.