Chapter 31

Anastasia's POV:~

Anastasia's POV:~

Days are flowing by with Alessandro and I spending as much time as we can, taking time out from his hectic schedule and my studies.

I could not have asked for more. He is as amazing as ever. Always taking care of my needs. Both emotional and...cough cough physical.

The last few days though, I feel like he is hiding something. He slips out at midnight and comes back hours later. He thinks I am asleep but I wake up the moment his warmth leaves me.

So I decided to follow him today.

Enough is enough.

As I stand in front of the huge wooden doors far away from our side of the mansion, a distant tune bellows me from the other side.

Is he listening to music? At this time? But could he not do that in the bedroom?

Placing my palm on the intricate carvings of the handle, I push open the door, the sound now becoming more prominent.

The scene before me is one I never thought I would see.

There is a grand piano in the middle of the room which is currently being played by none other than Alessandro. He is shirtless as usual and those beautiful chocolate eyes of his are closed as he moves his fingers over the dichromatic keys dexterously. His head is tilted to a side, his silky hair now a mop on top of it, making me want to run my fingers through them. The muscles on his back flex with every movement and I suddenly remember the times I have felt them do so under my touch. A low hum emanates from within his chest, synchronized with the rhythm as he plays without a care in the world, completely oblivious to my smitten presence.

My boyfriend is so beautiful. Yes, beautiful. Because words like handsome and gorgeous do not do him any justice. He is so attractive it hurts.

So much so that I literally have to force my attention away from him and to the music he is playing.

I have never heard something like this. It is so relaxing and meaningful. It is the kind of melody that takes you to another world and fills your soul with emotions. It transports you to after life and then brings you back. It feels like I am ascending the stairs to heaven and the journey is endless.

The piece is so powerful with a hint of sadness. Almost like he is not just playing piano but narrating a tale of his own life.

What made him choose it?

All the moments of my life come rushing to me. Moments that never come back. Moments - good and bad. From the ones I cried over to the ones I wish would have lasted longer.

Like now when I am praying that this beautiful moment just stays still where he keeps playing and I keep admiring him from afar.

The corners of my eyes sting with overwhelm.