Chapter 39

Alessandro's POV:~

Alessandro's POV:~

“…ce l’hai fatta?”

(…you got it?)

Dino sighs in front of me, looking tired of my orders already.

“Sì, fratello. Freddo. Non dare una svolta ai tuoi boxer. Starò attento,” Seeing my glare, he changes his light tone to a more serious one, “e se succede qualcosa,” He looks for our cousin who, uninterested in it all as usual, stands by the door, and throws a wink his way before meeting my eyes again. “Franco c'è sempre, vero?”

(Yes, brother. Chill. Do not get your boxer in a twist. I will be careful,) (and if something happens,) (Franco is always there, right?”

I relax my shoulders that have been squared with tension all this time.

I can not help it. I hate to leave my responsibilities on other’s hands. But tonight I have to. In order to attend the gala, I have to depend on Franco and my men to handle things well on their own.

Heels click on marbles and a low whistle comes out of Dino’s lips but those are the last things my ears register because the moment my eyes fall on the grand staircase, my body freezes and everything else stops around me.

Amidst our conversation, Angel has appeared atop the stairs, her beauty brimming the edges of her white gown. Dressed like that, she steals the breath right from my lungs.

Eyes downcast, she descends the steps slowly, holding the sides of her gown.

I had no idea a mere piece of clothing could look so good on someone. But it does on her.

My eyes roam hungrily all over her form, wanting to take it all in just a single glance.

The sweetheart neckline dives deep into the valley of her breasts while the sleeves hang loosely on her forearms. Thousands of tiny, intricate flowers of different coloured fabrics cover the whole bodice and sleeves, trails of which run down the length of the bottom in angular lines. Her feet are visible in a pair of white stilettos adorned with vine-like crystals wrapped around her legs as two maids hold the end of the dress for her, so she does not trip on it.

Moving my gaze up, the sparkle from the single fifty carat diamond dangling on her enticing cleavage reflects in my eyes, making me momentarily blind, but I guess her dazzling beauty is partly contributing to it too. Those golden locks have fallen on top of her bare shoulders in an expertly styled way.

And her face, Oh! Her face. Devoid of any make up, except a light shade of lipstick I do not know of painting her lips, it emanates the silent innocence that I love so much when the rest of her just screams seduction at its peak.

I do not think, any words of compliment are needed here. That goes without saying. But I can say one thing, the dress just got glorified by being worn by her. She raised its worth.