Chapter 28

Anastasia's POV~

Anastasia's POV~

Getting out of the bed I search for Alessandro but he is nowhere in the room. The balcony is closed too. Taking the empty jug, I exit the room heading towards kitchen.

I am still in the shirt Alessandro put me in since I wetted mine from all the crying. After I had calmed down, he made me wear one of his white shirts over my denim shorts and put me to bed. He did not leave until I slept, sitting beside my head and massaging my hairs all the while.

He is so attentive and caring. It feels unreal at times.

I did not bother with changing as his shirt was already too long, covering most of my legs and all the maids and servants have gone back to their mansions so there was no one to see me.

We are only four people here. Me, Alessandro, Damien and Alessandro’s cousin; Franco. I just met him last week and if I thought Alessandro talked less in our first encounters then I was in for another shock. His cousin talks the least I have ever experienced with a human. All stoic and silent but he is good, I guess.

I have even been getting along with Damien. After really getting to know him, I realized he is not that bad, just a little irritating at times but nothing I can not endure. I hope we can be friends. He is fun to be around.

I fill the jug and then stand up on my toes to fetch a glass from the upper shelves. The shirt rises up unknowingly as I keep stretching my body to get a hold of the glass when I notice a shadow cast upon the kitchen counter and I turn my head to see who it is.

No one.

Must be my imagination.

Shrugging, I get back to my work but suddenly I feel fingers touching my waist. Bare waist. They glide across my skin so quickly I almost do not catch them. But I do.

It is not Alessandro. I am sure of it. I will recognize his touch and his smell even in a crowd full of people. These fingers do not belong to him. They are not rough. They are not long. They do not caress my skin like his do. They do not cause butterflies to erupt in my stomach instead I feel spiders crawling my body.

It is not late before the fact dawns on me and I whip around in a flash, the glass falling from my hand but someone catches it before it could break.

“Whoa!” Damien stands there, looking at me weirdly as he holds the glass.

I look at him with wide eyes, still in shock.

“When did you come here?” I ask after I have controlled my breathing.

“Just now when you were about to break your boyfriend's expensive glass ware.” He smirks, leaning against the refrigerator.

I just roll my eyes, straightening my posture.

Where did the person go so fast?

“What is on your mind, chocopie?” He raises a brow, watching me silently.