Chapter 12

Chapter 12
~M

Lukas

I can't say that I wasn't worried. I can't say that I'm not scared. I have someone that could tear my world apart, or make it worth living. Just depending on her mood and that is never constant.

After she left the bed room I realize I might have been too possessive but I have to make her want to stay. I don't know what else to do.

She is so secretive, like leaving for hours and not tell me where she went. She hasn't been her more than 2 weeks and she hasn't said anything more about her past, not opening up to me. I want to tell her all my secrets and I want to hear hers, but she never communicates.

I don't know whether she is running from something, or chasing after it.
But it's obvious she has a purpose to her running across the world. but luckily that purpose brought her to me, so I'm not complaining.

"Luke," my Farther's commanding voice echoes through the study.
Which hasn't officially become mine, not until I mate with her. Which was a constant thought in my head.

"Yes?" I respond, trying to get the image of her under me, moaning my name out of my head.

"I'm going to Alpha Noah territory tomorrow. He is having some boarder issues with Rogues," he says and looks sternly at me.

Meaning he wants me to go see Alpha Noah myself. I hold in a sign, he wants me to do this tedious jobs, because it's supposed to help me become a better alpha. So far he is right, but I just got my mate, it feels like he's trying to break us apart.

I'm still not sure how he even feels about her, but for my mom's sake he won't say anything that's not accepting and caring.

"I will go as well, me and Sophia will pack tonight and leave tomorrow morning," I say and shuffle some papers around the desk trying to find the folder containing the travel log.

When I still feel my fathers presence in the room I look up at him.

"I'm not sure that's would be good," he states making me freeze in my spot.

"What?" I ask starting to get upset. Why wouldn't I bring my mate?

"This is important business, I don't want you being distracted." He states and I hold in a growl, this isn't the time to challenge him. He is still alpha, and my father.

"As Luna she will need to know the other Alphas and pack locations. As well as have a strong, positive bond with them. She won't be a distraction, she is a necessity," I calmly inform my father as he holds my stare.

"You're correct. But is she ready to accept that role?" He asks and the doubt in my fathers eyes pisses me off. I could feel my wolf become angry and my eyes begin to darken.

"I don't mean to upset you, but I do wish to know if she will run when the pack needs her or not? That's all," he says and walks out of the room before heading my comment.

I take a deep breath and leave the office to go find Sophia. I know she is still jumpy and hasn't promised to stay but she wouldn't leave if we needed her. Would she?

Before I could continue to drown in thought, I run smack into a small figure.
Immediately I feel the electric charge shoot through my body as soon as I make contact with her. God I love how this feels, knowing that a single nudge can effect me so much.

  I quickly wrap my arms around Sophia's waist to stop her from falling backwards. In truth, I knew she could catch herself and stop herself from loosing balance, but I wanted her in my arms. I wanted her indescribable scent to surround me.