Chapter 24

Chapter 24
~M

"Sophia!" I hear and bolt up from the comfortable bed. I look to my side and I don't see Luke.

Immediately I am on my feet, I run out of the room and hear another shout, "Sophia," this time I recognize the voice it's Luke.

I run towards the front door where I hear him continue to shout my name, "I'm here!" I shout and spot Luke on the ground over a bloody body.

"Oh my god," I say as I come closer to see Cameron, the Beta, lying on the ground with Noah kneeling next to him with blood smeared on his arms, trying to hold pressure to his chest with a soaking red cloth.

"I need your help," Noah says and hands me some cloth, "apply pressure," he instructs and disappears to get a first aid kit.

"What happened?" I question and I replace Noah but I can feel the blood pour out of the gash.

"I don't know he just showed up like this," Luke says and turns back to Cameron.

"Cameron," Luke says softly and Cameron moves his around and groans out in pain, his eyes still closed.

"You're gonna be alright," I mutter to him and he groans in response.

"What happened? Who did this? Is the pack alright?" Luke asks and taps his face a little trying to keep him focused on Luke.

"The..... pack," Cameron mumbles and Luke and I both lean in, "they surprised us. Wasn't ready. During shift switch," Cameron tries again, but with each sentence his voice gets quieter.

"Come on man, you'll be alright," Luke says and squeezes his shoulder.

"Tell mom and dad I love-" he heaves in a breath and blood continues to pour from his side.

"I will buddy," Luke says and then Cameron rolls his head in my direction.

"Keep... an eye out for my brother... he loves getting into..." his voice dies out and a suffocated breath squeaks out of him.

"Oh god," I say as tears water my eyes and blue my vision and for some reason I can't move my hands from pressing on his side.
"I'm here with-" Noah calls out with Nat behind him but then he sees Luke stand up and shake his head.

"We need to go home, my pack was attacked," Luke says with a straight face but I see his hands clench into a tight fist. Luke just lost his best friend.
Nat immediately goes back to pack our things, not saying a word.

"Of course, but what about him?" Noah asks and we all look down at Cameron.

"We can't leave him here," I whisper, managing to remove my blood soaked hands.

"We'll take him with us. His mom will want the body," he says and leaves to our room as I just say sitting. Gazing at what used to be the Beta of our pack, and wondering how his brother will take the news.

Sadly, Cameron was the only first to go.

*******

Thanks for reading