Chapter 28

Chapter 28
~M

Later that week we call a meeting of all the remaining pack members. Children and elderly must come as well, I could feel the pull as Luke looks through the crowd and notices faces missing.

"Lukas?" I ask, and he squeezes my hand but doesn't turn to me, he has become stronger in this week alone. Now he needs to show is pack that.

I look through the crowd and try to see who I recognize.

1
I see Jasmine and her orphanage children, without Crystal, the woman who stopped me from running away. She was beaten to death when fighting to protect the children.

2
I see the child I played soccer with, Matt, without Cameron his brother. Their mother weeping into their fathers chest,  a mother is never supposed to burry her child, that's not the way it's supposed to work. As she cries Matt holds her moms hand. His big brother, his idol, injured protecting the Luke's family. Died from loss of blood and  untreated wounds.

3
I see Jason and his Mother, the Luna and her son, without their Alpha. The man that raised Luke, the man that cared for this pack and the man whose approval we chased after. Died protecting his family.

4
In that moment I also left the loss of my brother and sister. The ones who raised me during my darkest hours, they loved each other so much that, even though they had me to look after, they knew if one went so would the other.

5
In that moment I felt the loss of my mother who was able to make it several years without her mate; I saw my old pack and my father, who never got too see me and Luke end up as mates. I wonder if my pack were still alive. If I had met Luke as the daughter of an Alpha, would things be different, would I be different?

I turned away from the crowd only able to handle 5 faces that didn't look the same without the others with them.

"My pack," Luke starts getting everts attention who.

"Today we mourn over the loss of love. Today we miss them, today we weep, today we hurt." He pauses and looks towards Cameron's mom as she tries to hold in her sobs.

"Today that is all we can do at this point. But tomorrow we can take the grief of lose and put it towards one thing, recovery and rebuilding. We must rebuild this pack, we must restore our lives," he says and he turns too me, "anything you want too add?"

I glance at the crowd and back at Luke then slowly inch forward.
"My pack," I start the same way Luke does. "I had lost my pack when I was a child. I recognize what hurt and anguish feel like more than I recognize myself in the mirror. I remember the anger and hatred more than I remember my own fathers voice."

I look in the crowd for any signs to stop, but all I see are wet faces and blood shot eyes. I know I have to continue, they need to hear this.

"As Luke said, Tomorrow we will re build," I glance at him and he offers a small smile, "However, tomorrow rebuilding should be our only concern no matter how angry you feel. Because tomorrow we won't be ready for revenge." I squeeze my fist tight.

"We will still feel the ache and still wake up pretending it was all a dream. So tomorrow set aside your anger, save it. Save it for someday, because someday we will find the bastards that did this and someday we will get our revenge, but that won't be today, and it won't be Tomorrow. It will take time and we will have to heal before that happened."

I finish and the pack applause for the Alpha and Luna.
We begin to walk to the check in table, where everyone will have to fill out forms containing any information about them selves and so we can count how many need a place to sleep.

Oliver, Jasmine and Nat sit at the long table as well, and we all prepare the papers when someone shouts, "someday!"

And suddenly a groups towards the middle start chanting, "Someday! Someday!" And then the whole pack joined in.

I stare out at the crowd and smile with tears fogging my eyes and shout, "Someday!"

......because 'someday' will come, and we will be ready.