Chapter 19

Chapter 19
~M

Luke

I honestly don't know. Did I say something wrong? Did she not want to go or did she want me ask her with some big romantic gesture.

I'm not sure what I did but all I know is since Sophie stormed out she has only called telling me she was at the orphanage.
And I haven't heard from her since, the worst part is how I'm constantly on edge if she isn't in my eye sight. I swear to god that if I don't get to see her soon I will-

"Hey calm down," Cameron Anderson, my beta, says as he files through some things of my desk. he has already from when his little brother got his leg ripped open.

"How can I? She hasn't even told me what's she doing at that place," I mumble back.

"She is a woman who can handle herself, and actually she goes there often,"

"Yeah I keep tabs on her but what I don't know is who she keeps going too see,"

"I heard she actually pretty close with Jasmine, Nat's mate,"

"How do you know so much about my mate?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

Cameron throw up his hands in defense, "Hey she's my Luna, and I want to make sure if you need any information I can supply it."

"You are one hell of a Beta," I say with a chuckle as I sit back into my chair.

"You mean best friend," he corrects me, "I feel that as Beta that shouldn't be an obligation."

"Yeah okay fine, you are one hell of a best friend," I say and Cameron doesn't bother to hide the smirk stretched across his face.

Cameron and I have the usual childhood friends story, been through everything together, and I couldn't imagine my pack without him. He is usually doesn't take anything seriously, unless its an order or his brother.

Cameron glances out the window at the evening sun, "Man seeing you and her together though, it makes me double think this bachelor life. it makes me want a mate, and I didn't really care for one previously," he says honestly.

But then lets out a laugh, "Then again seeing your jealous fits makes me hope my mate it some kind of nun who is scared of all males except me," he adds and I snort at his description.

Cameron is a party guy and would need a party girl, that's what I think.

I let out a sigh, "Yeah well I'm just glad she isn't around guys, most of the pack members she's close to are girls here," I say and turn my back to the window and face him.

"Sorry to tell you alpha there is also a guy that she hangs around-"

"What?!" I shout and can feel the start of an angry fit.
She doesn't tell me anything she never communicates and it drives me insane. All I want is for her to really tell me how she feels and what she thinks.

"Calm down, she treats him how she treats your brother."

"And my brother loves her," I comment back and huff out a sigh.

Cameron looks me in the eyes, "She's crazy about you, just like how you are about her. The only difference is you want her to spill her guts, tell you everything she feels but that's not who she is. She isn't keeping things from you, she just doesn't know how to tell you or if she should share them." he says and goes back to the paper work not bothering to hear my response.

I just glance back at the window and wish she would come home soon.

Sophia

"Come on Oliver, we're gonna be late!" I shout at him as he continues to carry me through the path back to Luke's house.

"Hey why am I carrying you again?" he asks as I hit his shoulders.

"Because I can't get this dress dirty and it's has one of those train things," I explain, barely understanding my self.

"What does a train have to do with a dress?" he asks while smiling at my crap explanation skills.

"It doesn't matter, just go faster!" I shout again, and he cringes at my loud vice next to his ear.

"Hey it's not my fault if your late, you and jasmine took forever getting ready," she says and I shrug my shoulders.

"You try dressing the Luna up in something perfect and then your self in four hours, its hard as fuck," Jasmine says as she runs along side Oliver.

We reach the back steps and i can already hear people gathering in ball room and arriving at the front. Because I have a long dress on and Jasmine has a short dress, she told Oliver to carry me.

"Well you did a good job sis," he says and places me down.
I shuffle to fix my long white dress that hung to my curves. The top was all lace that traced my shoulders and down my arms in lace material and the dress had a deep V was made with the lace material, with a large slit form my waist down my leg.

Jasmine did a smoky eye with nude lip stick, and my hair up in some sort of bun. I didn't have a necklace only small earnings in.

"Why thank you," she says proudly and switches her shoes with some heels she stuffed into a abg before we left the orphanage.

"Ready?" Oliver asks once she has finished strapping her black heels on. Her silk red dress, flows off her shoulders and down her arms giving it an elegant look, but stops mid thigh of her long tan legs. her plump lips were stained red and long black jewel earnings were long enough to grazed her shoulders.

"Yep," she says and glides into the house and I follow her has Oliver holds the door open for us, "Now lets go show your mate, and I think once he sees you he might get why you need to know in advance." she adds and we head to the ball room.

All I see are a mass of people, they are all drinking and talking, but there barely any faces I recognize, they all seem like strangers and I start regretting coming at all.

I back up slightly bump into jasmine and Oliver, "I'm rethinking even coming here," I say staring at the pack rushing in all dressed up and laughing.

"You can't chicken out now!" Jasmine says and comes along side me squeezing my hand.

"Yeah, we're here with you, so don't worry," Oliver adds and I glance from one to the other.

"What would I do without you guys," I ask with a smile.

Just then someone from atop the stairs starts lightly hitting his glass with a knife. We all turn and look at the current Alpha Luke's dad.

"Shit I gotta find Luke," I mumble and thank Jasmine and Oliver, telling them to enjoy themselves, then rushing to the back stairs to Luke's room.

***************

Thanks for reading!!!

Don't forget to check out my other stories!!!

Vote

Comment

Love life