Chapter 27

Chapter 27
~M

No other complication with the pack followed after that day. They were ashamed with themselves, they were so quick to blame some one that they had hurt their Alpha, their life line.

I look out at the rows of caskets being buried. I look at the black cloth draped on every pack member. The image of tears and cries of despair burning in to my memory.

Oliver places his hand over mine as we sit on the low stretched tree branch away from it all. I had already showed up with Luke and talked with the grieving. I had already held the crying and consoled the inconsolable, I just need a break from it. So we sneaked off as the ceremony comes to and ends.

"Anything for you," he says and I sigh at this moment we are broken, we are wounded and hurting.

"Oliver, promise me something," I say and tear my eyes away from the Luke in the crowd, "promise me when you find your mate you won't let her go. She will be so important to you that you can't believe you were living before."

He nods and smiles, "how is your man holding up?"

I shrug my shoulders lazily, "better thanks to you. You're an incredible Beta."

The smile drips off his face and he shakes his head, "No. No one can fill Cameron's shoes."

I squeeze his hand that was placed on mine, "You aren't filling his shoes, you are creating your own. This isn't a job that is designed for a specific person, it is a job you have to adapt to. And you are adapting and creating in more ways then we had hoped. No one can fill his shoes, you're right, but it's not your job too."

I place a kiss on his cheek, and I know it will be the last one I do because after tonight I will officially be mated. He can sense it and releases a bit sigh.

"Go, I'll be fine," Oliver says and looks over at Luke has he looks for me, "Go make sure he will be too."

"Thank you," I whisper and walk away from my best friend towards my mate.

I meet Luke as he begins to stand in front of the crowd. I kiss him gentle memorizing how much colder his kisses have gotten and creating a plan to change that.

We walks up on a small black square stand where individuals have been resisting poems and verses, even read notes they wrote to the dead.

We had already announced that in a couple days we are going to have to reassign housing and jobs and recount the amount of survivors. Meaning we need everyone to come to the pack house. So I watch him closely wondering what more did he have to say to a grieving pack from a wounded Alpha.

He places his hands on either side of the podium and stands taller, stronger than before. I know he is putting on a front, but I hope he is starting to remember his own power.

"I am you Alpha Lukas Grey. My father has been killed and I am your successor." He begins receiving everyone's attention.

"Our pack has been attacked. Our loved ones killed and us to pick up the remaining pieces of our lives. Sadly that is all we can do at this point, but. But we can take the grief of lose and put it towards one think, recovery and rebuilding. We must rebuild this pack we must restore our lives. And we must fight for our existence because we are alive! We have to survived!" He finishes and cheers erupt from the crowd.

The Alpha stands before his pack and promises a new life and I plan to be there as Luna.

-warning sexual shit-